1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Lucas speaks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slowmustang, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

I agree, but sorta ironic because I think he'd fit in nicely as a sparkplug off the bench.

He's much quicker than either James or Alston, has shown he can stay in front defensively, and is more seasoned than Brooks.

I don't see why Adelman doesn't at least give him a shot, if they have in fact weeded him out.

2. ymc

ymc Member

You are right. But have we signed Landry and Reed yet?

Yao/Jake
    Hayes/Novak
    T-Mac/Battier
    Bonzi/Head/Snyder
    MJ/Alston/Brooks/Sura

3. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

we're going to sign Landry. You don't not sign the first pick of the 2nd round, he could've been a first rounder

4. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

I don't see that he's pulling a V-Span. All he did was sit out the summer league, which he was entitled to do. It doesn't seem like he's going to be a b**** and demand to leave.

5. anon3803

anon3803 Member

Maybe I'm biased since I've been againts picking up JL3 from the beginning, but I think he needs to be cut. He's just not good enough with Mike James, Rafer Alston, Brooks, Head, and maybe Francis as our guards. IMO, he's saying he wants to move somewhere where he might get more playing time. I say let him.

It really isn't another VSpan scenario, he's just a scrub that wants more playing time than we can give him. So he wants to go elsewhere. No problem with that. VSpan was a highly touted rookie that seems like he just wants to quit. He signed up for 3 years and now that he's struggled for a year he's giving up. I don't like quitters on my team.

6. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I don't want to cut him. But for any kind of 2nd rounder or small amount of cash I'd be fine moving him.

The more I hear issues with JL3, VS, and of course we know issues with Wells and Snyder, I'd like to give them all a year with Adelman before giving up on them. Camp JVG seemed turn off a lot of players, surely some deserved their treatment, but maybe other times over the top.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why are people complaining? Lucas wants a chance to play and both he and the team know he is unlikely to get that chance with the Rockets having Rafer, James, and Brooks all likely ahead of him. Nothing you can fault him for.

JL didn't exactly shine when he got minutes last season, but it often takes young PGs a while to grow into the floor general role. The only thing is he is more likely to get that chance elsewhere, and the Rockets are better off trading him for something, even of a minimum value, that fills a need.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's really more of a matter of JVG didn't play the guys who didn't perform when given their chances. Believe it or not, there has been guys who wanted off Adelman's team over playing time, too. Jason Hart is probably the most recent guy.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKlxjbhB9HE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKlxjbhB9HE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

10. krockets

krockets Member

Even though I don't like the part when Lucas talked about the "guaranteed contract", but I really can't blamn him for his poor attitute.. If you know your boss is going to ship you to another company next week, how would you feel?..

I guess the reason Morey wants Lucas to be in the Summer League is to improve his trading value, so Rockets could get more in return for Lucas. With that in mind, Lucas really has no obligation to help the Rockets.. Then again, if Lucas would be more cooperative, then the Rox might be nice enough to trade him to a team that would actually give him more playing time... Oh well..

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I understand JL3 not wanting to play in Summer League, but I thought Lucas would be the one guy that would welcome Adelman's system. Suprised that he even saw as much time as he did under JVG.

Wanting more PT is understanding, but he should be more grateful he has a guaranteed contract after going undrafted.

12. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Snyder and Wells actually had decent efficiency ratings (+/- or PER versus opponents). JL3 wasn't horrible either. These 3 and Head and Howard were in the same ballpark in fact--really only the Alston-Tmac-Battier-Hayes-Yao group (starting 5) distinguished themselves, yet there was a clear reliance by JVG on Howard/Head over the rest of the bench, and I could easily understand frustration by the others.

Now Novak and VS just plain sucked, but the rest of the guys have legit beefs about PT based on what they did when they got chances.

I am not saying all will turn it around or be in Adelman's rotation either, I am just saying give them a chance before writing them off based on what they did under JVG or didn't do because they didn't have much of a chance.

13. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

When does his little brother become Draft Eligible?

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

After this coming season... though I doubt he only plays one year at Florida. I can't see Jai as a one-and-done.

15. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

Didn't Phoenix want this guy at one point? Trade him for one of their players or a 2nd rd pick.

16. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

who is giving him the advice to speak up like that. not a smart move on his part for longevity in the nba

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh come on, NBA players are speaking out all the darned time.....you can hardly shut them up....

DD