1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] - Lowry weighs leaving for starting spot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketshopeful, Apr 17, 2010.

1. rocketshopeful

I thought this would have been posted. Didn't see it unless it's buried in another thread. Apologize in advance if it already posted.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6961404.html

"A wanted man

Guard Kyle Lowry, who will be a restricted free agent, said he wanted to find a starting position, but would be happy if the Rockets match any offer he receives as general manager Daryl Morey said he plans.

“I want to be a starter,” Lowry said. “I want to play. I want a chance to be that guy. Playing behind Aaron (Brooks) this year was great. I think we work together well. I want a chance to expand my game and experience new things. But I'd be happy to be back.”

Brooks said he would not let Lowry leave.

“He'd lose his mind if he left me,” Brooks said. “There's opportunities out there. I'm going to keep talking to him and keep bugging him.

“Hopefully, he makes the right decision.”

Hearing this, Lowry said: “That's my guy. Honestly, I love that guy like my brother.”
    Scola talk

Forward Luis Scola said he hoped he could reach an agreement with the Rockets quickly. General manager Daryl Morey said he would prefer that, but the process usually leads to player agents shopping for the best offer.

“Ideally, we'd like to do a deal directly,” Morey said. “The history of how those things work for every team is that it is hard to do that.”
    "

2. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Pretty sure both will be back, although Scola sound's more content to come back to the Rockets than Lowry

3. Convictedstupid

Hopefully both are resigned quickly.

4. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

keep them both we must!! i hope no one overpays lowry and leaves us in a pickle

5. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Both guys are restricted so whatever offer is given to them im sure Morey will match instantly just like the Landry thing went down the the Bobcats.

6. elindio23

elindio23 Member

yeah, i think this will similar to landry's situation, but both will comeback

7. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

They're both restricted so it's up to Morey to put up or shut up. If Scola is offered a 40-50M deal or if Lowry is offered a MLE deal, can the Rox afford both of them?

8. rocketshopeful

don't think so

9. Landry92

Landry92 Member

man how things can change
    we saved lowry's carrer by getting him out memphis .. where he was rottening behind mike conley ..
    Dont get me wrong he re-paid us big time but I dont think other teams appreciete him as much as we do as much as he deserves ..
    If he wants to play this game DM can play dirty ..
    match anything that comes his way just like carl ..

10. kikimama

kikimama Member

Because players have no say in their careers and should only be sheep. :rolleyes:

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Lowry isn't ready to start on a playoff team. He's not quite there. He needs another year under his belt. Plus, what would happen if he was taken out of the Rick system? He might be like a fish out of water. Lowry's strengths are played too, never his weaknesses. Until he can hit a three-point shot then I don't see it happening.

12. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Just PR nonsense from Lowry's camp. Fortunately, Morey has shown that he's willing to wait and not jump the gun. He definitely held his ground with the Carl Landry contract and it turned out very well.

Patience is a virtue for a general manager considering a lot of GMs are just flat out hustled by players because they get caught up in stuff like this.

13. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

i really hope lowry comes back! him and brooks make the perfect tandom..... without lowry its going to be tough

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Lowry isnt a starter caliber player and he doesnt have the option to leave anyway.

15. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

The new Francis/Mobley?

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Rajon Rondo would like a word with you.

I would agree too, that Lowry isn't ready to be starting for a championship team.

But I think he could be a great starter for about half the teams in the NBA.

Imagine him on the Lakers. Lowry could drive in the paint all day, and have Gasol/Bynum clean up missed layups, should they happen.

17. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

I guess he's considering going to Europe.

No he couldn't. Miami and Indiana are the only teams that would consider it.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Washington, Philadelphia, New York, Portland.

Ok, so there may not be half, but there is plenty of other destinations for Lowry. He needs to do what is best for him, and not for the team.

Clutchfans members, you're better than that.

19. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

This could explain why Lowry became more selfish towards the latter part of the season. ie. taking too many shots (& missing) when he had open players to pass the ball to. I had thought it very strange because he always took good care of his mates. :p

20. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Please don't think that......Yao won't ever get the ball passed to him!!!! :p