1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Lowry Glad to be Back in Houston, if only for a game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Nov 26, 2012.

1. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

Didn't he want out?

2. Dei

Dei Member

Dunno. I'm not a LOH. I actually do want Lin to do well. Likewise, I don't have a problem ripping on him for playing like crap and airballing wide open shots.

3. Dei

Dei Member

4. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

But the fact is that Lowry is no longer with the team. Can you give it a rest already? We all know how you wish Lin were never born.

Look closely. This post is not coming from a '12er. You need to stop your Lin hating. He does play for the Rockets.

5. Bassfly

Bassfly Member

1 LOH is worse than 10 LOF because they inherently root against the team.

2 people like this.
  6. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

7. Dei

Dei Member

No thanks. It's still fresh and, by the looks of it, I'm not the only one who has the sentiment. I actually do want Lin to play well.

8. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

So true, LOFs want Lin and Rockets do well, LOHs don't care whether Rockets do well as long as Lin sucks.

9. MT1417

MT1417 Member

Actually, there were some games where Lin did other things to help the team even though he was shooting badly and still, he was bashed quite badly.

Let's agree to disagree on your views on the double standard because I believe it exists even for fans of the team. It's okay because everyone is entitled to have different expectations for the team and their players.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lin only fans are bad enough, now we have Lowry only fans. :rolleyes:
    Give it a rest. Root for the players on your team. Jesus Christ, its almost like you wanted Lowry to light up Lin and beat the Rockets. Stop moping, the Rockets won.

1 person likes this.
  11. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Wait till Dragic only fans come out of the hole. :grin:

12. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

You're the one who is praising Lowry for what he did tonight, not many here has praise Lin when he's done similar to what Lowry did tonight. That's the double standard. I agree Lin should get criticized for poor play, but the excessiveness is what I think is wrong.

13. Dei

Dei Member

Your imagination's overtaking reality. Look up my previous posts and tell me when I said I want Lowry to kill Lin.

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Cry me a river.

Tons of players have received harsh criticism from clutchfans. Do you know how bad clutchfans' opinion of Morris was last season and early on this season?

There always exist a certain group of people who do nothing but praise a player or criticize him, Lin is no exception. The only reason things seem more extreme is because Lin has a strong following.

People who care about the Rockets will support Lin and criticize his limitations. End of story. There isn't an agenda on this board to hate on him, just like there isn't an agenda on this board to praise him regardless of his performance.

Yes, and I praised Lin if he does the same. So where is the double standard?

15. RedRedemption

Hmm, I don't know constantly spamming the board with "Lowry and Dragic are better than Lin" is not only redundant, but annoying. Lowry moved on, you should too.
    Also, what are you so defensive for? There are some idiots on this board that think Lin is an all-star. There's no point attempting to reason with them. Ignore them and move on.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you got the wrong song and artist.

these new dudes are ralph tresvants, not bobby browns

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6AuslO9f2sE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Some of you people need to get it through your thick heads that it is possible to be a fan of a former player for the Rockets, and a fan of the player that replaced him, whether it was Kyle replaced by Goran, or Goran replaced by Jeremy. I'm a fan of all three, and wish Lowry and Dragic the best. Just not when they play the Rockets. Far too often this place is like Bizarro World. I just don't get people who are only fans of the player, and could really care less about the team. You have a screw loose. Maybe more than one.

18. RedRedemption

Remember when Kyle Lowry replaced Aaron Brooks and everyone completely hated Brooks?
    Same thing is happening but in reverse.
    I don't blame them for missing Kyle and Dragic. Hell, I still miss Landry.
    However, some of the people here are berating Lin simply because he's not Lowry or Dragic. LOL.

19. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Yes, and I praised Lin if he does the same. So where is the double standard?[/QUOTE]

Well, he has done the same in several games. I don't know if you praised him or not, but many don't that the double standard, maybe not of you but others.

20. Dei

Dei Member

Defensive? How? I'm just pointing out where people are wrong. And spamming the board? I post about it on threads about it. I made just one thread about it. So you might've mistaken other posters who share the same sentiment for me.