1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: Looking for Mr. Right (QB)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Dec 22, 2006.

1. updawg

updawg Member

and Russell has a gun for an arm. If they can get him without using a high draft pick I would be all for it. I have no idea where he is projected in the draft

2. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

If Russell comes out, he will most likely be the second qb taken and won't make it out of round one.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I just don't see him having a guaranteed starting job. If he plays well on Sunday, I think the best Carr can hope for is to have a chance to win the starting job next season.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Maybe, but he will not be the starter if he doesn't earn it. He will have competition this time. Either from a FA, Sage, or a rookie drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round. Perhaps all 3.

5. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

He is 6'6'' and has a ridiculous arm and very accurate, I doubt if he gets past the top 10. He is talented enough that I would use the #6 pick on him, that is if he comes out. To me its either Peterson or Russell, I don't think Joe Thomas will get past Arizona, and there there is not a DB worth the #6 pick.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I agree with this. If Russell is there at where the Texans draft, I'd take him. It seems easier to find great players at other positions through free agency - or even above average players. Getting that at the QB spot rarely happens (Drew Brees being the once in decade type pickup).

From a pure skills perspective, JaMarcus seems to have all the skills that Vince had/has.

7. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

I think Kolb would be a steal if the Texans get him in the 2nd or later rounds.
    He is very mobile which fits Kubiak system as for the QB rolling out.
    In addition, it would be a great PR move.

8. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

Good point. In my perfect world we sign a capable FA QB, keep Rosenfels to look at what he can do and draft a QB in round 2 or 3 that turns out to be the next Tom Brady.