1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON]Looking for Morey? He's working hard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman2000, Feb 23, 2011.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

repost

From Chad Ford chat:

kasey (Houston)
    What's the Rockets move now?

Chad Ford (1:39 PM)
    Oh boy. Darryl Morey has been super active trying to package all of those assets into a star. He's tried to land Bosh, Melo, DWill, CP3 but no one seems to be in love with Kevin Martin, Luis Scola or any of his young assets. He's going to be creative and aggressive, but just not a lot of interest in what the Rockets are selling.

1 person likes this.
  2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Thank you for posting this. I have been saying that a lot of people on this board have overrated our assets.

It looks like other GM's agree with this notion. If our assets were as good as this board made them out to be Morey would have been moved them to land one of those stud players.

3. tharges

tharges Member

Zach Randolph is a start i think that could be had, Memphis and Sacremento are our biggest trade partners and they want to resign Gasol. I think you do the deal with the Bobcats and then offer up Yao, Buddinger, Hill, and patterson if you have too for Randolph and Tabbet if need be.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm going to put that quote on my sig.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

BLOW THIS UP!!! If this deadline hasn't been enough to tell Daryl that it just won't happen with this group of players/assets then I don't know what will. Start over, draft high and even if the player drafted isn't meant for greatness, his value will be obvious...just look at NJ with Favors and picks. Who knows if Favors is going to be SPECIAL but Denver and Utah were willing to take that chance. There is still time Daryl, trade up in the draft and start to rebuild NOW.

#145 rockets934life, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  6. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

If nothing else, DM needs to somehow create roster space for T. Williams to get playing time. I would be okay with Williams getting playing to see what he's capable of and Patterson continuing to be able to shine

7. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

We like to collect underrated assets.

Unfortunately, only overrated assets are favorable in the market.

8. Mr. Space City

[​IMG]

suck it morey haters :p

9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

There's no way Morey blows this team up. The teams ahead of the Rockets are getting rid of their best players and now the Rockets have a chance at maybe making the playoffs.

Les Alexander isn't going to let Morey send this team into tank mode.

10. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

it's the reason why building a house starts from the foundation. here, foundation is a superstar. rox is in a bad situation where we have all nice walls, windows, ... but no foundation.

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This is going to make rebuilding LONGER! :confused:

12. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

On ESPN Radio he said: "I know that Houston is calling everybody. And I think Houston thought they might be on this Deron Williams thing but there is a feeling around the the league now that it's is gone down that Utah didn't want to trade Deron Williams to the WCF, so they send him east.

13. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Trades I would do:

Josh Smith for Brooks, Hill, Jeffries, and the Clippers second round pick.

Gerald Wallace for Battier and a protected first round pick.

Omer Asik and a protected first round pick for Courtney Lee.

Asik/Miller/Hayes
    Smith/Scola/Patterson
    Wallace/Budinger/T-Will
    Martin/T-Will
    Lowry/Ish

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

AMEN!!!!!!!! :grin:

THE SMARTEST POST OF THE DAY!

15. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

but they would not do.

16. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

People on this board overrated our assets because Morey does. He seems to be high on all these guys and thinks he can get a great deal for them. Getting Wallace is something he should be able to pull off. A first round pick and a expiring, I don't care who it is.

Funny how Martin was a guy Morey was so high on (for years!!) and he's already almost out the door. Also funny how he's trying for Bosh, again really ?? Would be funny if Martin along with Artest, Ariza and whoever else would be out the door after a year. First they're all that, the next minute they're gone. This team is going nowhere.

17. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

that roster will not be better than what we have now.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I was saying the same thing at the start of the season. Got flamed but I kept laughing whenever fans were so sure we had the best assets of any team out there. I saw this coming but I still have hope Morey pulls off a deal we don't expect......like he always does! cmon Morey, come through in the clutch!

19. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

This is precisely why it's so frustrating to see Terrence Williams sitting on the bench every game. Is he good? I have no idea. Let's look at a worst-case scenario: We play him 20 minutes a game, he chucks up bad shots, turns it over whenever he gets the ball, and generally sucks ass, consting the Rockets 3-4 games. Result? He's just as much of a non-factor in trade discussions as he is now, and the Rockets get a better draft pick when they miss the playoffs (or make the playoffs and get blown out by the eventual WC champs)

Now let's envision a best-case scenario: Terrence gets to the bucket, creates for his teammates, and fills the stat sheet while shooting a good percentage. Result? We have another asset teams might actually be interested in acquiring.

Even in a worst-case scenario, we're better off than we are now. Play the guy.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

I heard that part. Also talked about Battier to Boston. Said it would have to be a 3 team deal and how great their D would be come playoffs. Was hoping he'd talk more about that and/or other guys regarding the trade deadline but they went to break and said they were talking college bball with Jay Bilas next, so I turned it off. :p