1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON]Looking for Morey? He's working hard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman2000, Feb 23, 2011.

1. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

You have proof of Morey low-baling Sac or Utah in this case? You talk like youve serious insight into all Rocket trade negotiations. Care to share?

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Without Yao!!

3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Neither do you, so whats your point?

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

So should Morey put a gun to their head and make them accept the trades?

5. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

OK. LOL!

6. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

No but he could do what it takes to make the deal ...we have enough assets to get these deals done...nets offer wasn't that great nor was Knicks fir Melo.

Either morey failed at selling them on the deal or he was law balling and lost

7. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I think that's only a fair comparison if Brooks was 1.) healthy this season and 2.) performing at last year's level.

So yeah, there's really not much evidence there. One thing I've noticed is Clutchfans are way to thin with their analysis.

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Now this^^^ is all i am saying.

9. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Nice...intellectual rebuttal

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

lmao you guys act like it is easy to get a trade done in the NBA especially for a player of Deron Williams magnitude.

It's nice to see all of you people on this board that have been involved in negotiating an NBA trade.

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I am not rebutting. I am agreeing but laughing in good nature.

12. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Aaron Brooks for Deron Williams?

1 person likes this.
  13. slionheart

slionheart Member

Hi all I've been following all of these trades lately and why does it seem like Houston isn't going to do a phenomenal trade that's going to help us again. I just watched the Nets snag a superstar and they are freaking horrible.

I also just watched the Knicks make a step into being the team they used to be and meanwhile Houston is being rejected everywhere there looks to be someone that we need. What the heck is going on?

The only good thing coming out of these other team trades is the fact that the west has unloaded its superstars in the bottom positions for the playoffs which could help us get that 8th spot.

I love my Rockets but I hope they do actually pull something off in the next 24 hours that can help us power up and not see a team like the Mavs or Lakers get a deal for Nene and Harrington and we get Koufos or some other freaking guard.

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Pfft, yeah right.

The Rockets are obviously the only team in the league that has anything to offer. Not getting a player like Deron Williams is all because Morey didn't try.

/ridiculous ClutchFans rant

2 people like this.
  15. amaru

amaru Member

I came to realization that this team isn't going to make any noteworthy moves this trade deadline.

*Charles Barkely autotune voice*

I may be, I may be , I may be wrong, but I DOUBT IT.

16. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

It would be interesting to know what Morey has been offerring. One article said our asking prices were too high. And its also been reported that Morey doesnt want to move Brooks.

Lets face it Battier and Lee are the only prospects other teams would like. We would need Martin and Scola to support any star we get. What else do we really have? Yao and JJs contract doesnt come into play unless teams want to take on Brooks, Bud or Hill. Who in their right mind would want Brooks, Bud or Hill? Only Aldeman thinks highly of those guys, everyone else sees them for the fieces they are.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

lol this post was on point.

People on this board act like there aren't 20+ other teams going after a high profile guy like Deron once he is being shopped around. The whining on here makes me think trading is so easy

18. Cheerio

Cheerio Member

He has less than 24 hours. I hope he doesn't panick and make a trade just to make it.

19. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

morey has proved he can bring supporting pieces around stars. now it's his time to prove he can bring stars or draft stars to the team. i am talking about 1st tie stars not 2nd fiddlers. i will give him a couple of years to do that.

20. tharges

tharges Member

kasey (houston)

What's the Rockets move now?

Chad Ford (1:39 PM)

Oh boy. Darryl Morey has been super active trying to package all of those assets into a star. He's tried to land Bosh, Melo, DWill, CP3 but no one seems to be in love with Kevin Martin, Luis Scola or any of his young assets. He's going to be creative and aggressive, but just not a lot of interest in what the Rockets are selling.

1 person likes this.