1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON]Looking for Morey? He's working hard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman2000, Feb 23, 2011.

1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Scola has a BYC this year. Meaning his contract is only worth $3 million in a trade right now.

It makes it very tough to trade him... especially if you're expecting to get a big contract in return (like Deron's $14 million).

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Really? Where you in Morey's office and he never called Utah? YOU DON'T KNOW. The Jazz are rebuilding! They don't need a 30 year old PF
    This...is just...ugh. Favors is a 19 year old kid. Grabs MORE rebounds than Scola and is 11 years younger with more potental. Brooks? Brooks isn't better than Ish Smith right now.

This post is a joke and I will now place it in my signature.

3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

yOU ARE AN IDIOT LOL...Favors grabs more boards then scola...i stopped reading right there..

Go research that one ... you obviously are completely ignorant.

4. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Everyone is saying that we could have had a better offer for Deron Williams. What honestly makes you think the Jazz would want to trade him in the Western Conference? Use logic people. You see what Memphis created? A champion. The only good thing about what's happening is that the superstars of the West are moving to the East.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The article would be better if its title was: "Looking for Morey? He's Battlefighting!"

alternate thread titles:

Looking for Morey? He's watching Tron

Looking for Morey? Your mom

Looking for Morey? He's thinking about Tron

1 person likes this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

look at the rebounds per minute. Favors plays half as much as Scola and Scola only gets 3 more rebounds.

7. megastahr

BROOKS...has value...

hes disgruntled and coming off injury...he is one of the most wanted guys this trade deadline...according to multiple sources...

his numbers blew away harris last year...we also could have traded lowry if they preffered...

We could offer pat pat we could have given any number of packages...

If we could have got the no 3 picks as daryl himself has said on the radio then we could trump a very UNDER preforming lottery pick.

I have watched favors all year he isnt a bust yet but hes closer to that than an elite player.

8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Right... and if the Jazz didn't want to move him to another Western Conference team (which I imagine they didn't), then all of that means absolutely nothing because it wouldn't matter what the Rockets offered.

9. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

Hold on, really? You can honestly say you'd rather have Scola, Brooks, and T-Will/Lee than Harris, Favors, and two firsts? And trade a top-20 player to a division rival?

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Winner.

He's battletalkin' to other GMs out there.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

don't expect much this year, but i remember last year there was the same panic going on on this board as other trades came down...the same reports of failed trades....same story about morey trying hard...and so on.

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

How did that work out?

13. REEKO_HTOWN

We got Martin, Hill and a pick for T-mac's corpse and an undersized PF.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I for some reason think that he is working on a huge blockbuster. I hope I'm right and someone like Chris Paul is a Rocket by Friday.

15. megastahr

Ya because multiplying stats always work...thats stupid..

There are so many factors in that anyway....we have one of the best peremiter shooting teams in thenba and the nets have one of the worst...

that means more rebound opportunities...favors mainly plays when humphries is out which is there main rebounder...and with the bench with there is even more chance for rebounds...

Favors could be great...but right now scola>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>favors

and there is not definitive reason to believe that will ever change...favors offensive game is abismle ...at best..

He is a trash man right now...dunks and lays ups and he chokes on those

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

You see Morey and posters. You can trade away your prime injury prone stars away before they break down to avert disaster later. At top value. It didnt work out. We are under 500 RV6.

17. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

You see it is OOOOKKKK to trade awy Tmac and Yao befor e they tanked. Prime players get moved allllll the time it appears. Doesnt it?

18. REEKO_HTOWN

If you chose to rebuild a team would you take 30 year old Scola or 19 year old Favors?

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

Lol the idiots on this board are a trip. People really b****ing because we didn't trade for Deron. REALLYYYYYYYYYYYY

You guys overrate our assets big time.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The trade itself did work out. You can't deny that. What happened later is due to a mixture of things, including yao's injury.