1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON]Looking for Morey? He's working hard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman2000, Feb 23, 2011.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Tweet from Adrian Woj. from Yahoo-

Portland is pushing hard and getting closer to completing a deal with Charlotte for Gerald Wallace, a league source tells Y! Sports.

-If the Rockets had a package that the Bobcats wanted they probably would have already taken the bait. There is still time, but it seems like the price might be too steep for the Rockets to take the bait.

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

If anything I would like to se the rockets somehow get Camby.

3. Entropy

Entropy Member

"It's not for lack of trying," Morey said. "I hope people understand that. We're going to be among the top five teams in the league in flexibility this offseason."

So basically your plan to offload a bunch of mediocre scrubs for an all-star caliber player has not worked? F u.

4. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

i agree, but i guess it depends on how much faith the bobmikes have in greg oden and nick batum, one who's perpetually injured and the other who's perpetually overrated.

but that's why i made it a three way deal, caron butler's expiring plus yao's expiring, while dealing 2 big multiyear contracts would save the bobcats 20mil in cap space.

5. worzel gummidge

Try to get Batum and the rights to Freeland by dangling Brooks and T-Will as the third team.

6. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Come on Morey!!! We gotta strike now or there will be nothing left. G.Wallace will be gone soon. Someone will take Thabeet too.

I wouldnt want to lose Lee for Asik. Much rather give them Bud.

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

18 and 9 guys and 20+ point scorers on 50+ win teams are valued a lot more than those same players on lottery teams.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

So Daryl is Anthony Michael Hall in Breakfast Club? He is a really nice guy with a ton of potential and TRIES REALLY HARD to fit in with the jock and outlaw but goes home empty handed because he doesn't have the assets that Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy are looking for BUT he is REALLY smart?

9. nodstonothing

nodstonothing Member

I've been saying it for months, this board and Morey have dramatically overrated our "assets." They were never good assets to begin with, and got even worse once it became evident that the Knicks are no longer a lottery team. Morey keeps acquiring players and then a year later he doesn't want them anymore -- Artest, Ariza, now Martin and Terrence Williams are both being shopped. Courtney Lee is on the trade block. This is a badly managed team with no direction that has no idea where they want to go and that is overrating our mediocre players so much that no deals can be completed while stars are being moved all over the place.

1 person likes this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He maybe smart but look at what MCH has to work with? Skinny arms, gay haircut. He needs to improve his assets to get laid son! :cool:

11. tested911

tested911 Member

Morey just wrote on his napkin at the bar!!!

[​IMG]

12. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

working hard to get under LT.

I think Morey has to make a trade.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lets go get Robert Horry LOL

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

ouch!

16. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

WOW, that's harsh but sounds more and more like the opinion of the league.

17. dreed86

dreed86 New Member

so whats holding us up from getting wallace are even iggy??

18. EAZY...

EAZY... Member

Some one should tell him that this "garbage" beat LA and Boston...

19. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Yet, we're still not in the playoff picture

20. Rockets_4_life

We're going to be forced to keep Jordan Hill, Chase Budinger and reduce the price tags on Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Courtney Lee and Aaron Brooks.

Which I think the rockets should do, the Rockets #1 priority for the remainder of the season and going forward should be their lottery pick. Which is currently tied with the Warriors for the 11th overall pick, but its not to late to go as high as the 7th overall pick.

If we manage to get more draft picks at this trade deadline, we could package our pick with those picks to move into the top 5 of this years draft!