1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON] - Landry reports improvement

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t_mac1, Mar 10, 2008.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5605644.html

Landry improves
    Rockets forward Carl Landry reported improvement in his sore and swollen right knee, but remains questionable to play tonight against the New Jersey Nets, or even to test the knee at the morning shootaround.

"He's fine," Rockets athletic trainer Keith Jones said. "He's good today. The swelling has gone down a little bit, the pain reduced some. We'll see how it is in the morning when he comes in and have the doctors check him. We'll see what they think. If they want him to go through shootaround, we'll go through shootaround and see from there."

Landry missed Saturday's game against the New Orleans Hornets, the first game he has missed with an injury in his professional career.

this is a good sign.

2. Clutch34

Clutch34 Member

Glad to hear that his knee is improving, but I wouldn't mind holding him out another game or two just as a precaution.

3. levintblack

levintblack Member

It's good news. That said why rush him back. While we can't take any games lightly our next three are against lowly eastern teams. I say rest him for all three and that way he will fully healthy and not a risk to make it worse. If he still had swelling today then don't play him against the Nets.

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Alright. Lets hope he can come back tomorrow against the Nets.

Everyone lets try to make our efforts by praying for Landry. Pray to whoever your God is, or light some candles, or whatever you have to do (perhaps some animal sacrifices ;) ; jk) in order to get our boy back.

5. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Member

Good news

6. cujo

cujo Member

Heard the net's center is out too. Rockets need to let him rest. But great news that landry feeling better.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Let him rest. Screw the streak. The prize is claimed in June and we will need this kid 100% healthy if there is any shot of claiming it.

8. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Member

I think he should rest until the game before the Lakers game. That way he gets two games of rest and he gets one game to get back into form before the Lakers come rolling into town.

I think our entire week should be nationally televised. What game won't be interesting?

Lakers? Boston? Hornets? Warriors? Suns? I think we have the Spurs sometime after that?

It's a tough schedule, but...LET'S GO ROCKETS!

9. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

LANDRY HAVE A REST,LET THE NEW GUYS IN!

10. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

Advice taken... I just got back from circle.

11. lalala902102001

We have three Leastern conference teams this week and should be able to take care of business without Landry. Let him take the the week off and be ready for the Lakers and Celtics games.

12. exiaol

exiaol Member

Good to hear Landry's knee is improving. I say let him rest a little bit more. We wants to see how the new guys will performe

13. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Get well soon Carl, We need you when the playoff come.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

let him rest until the lakers game.

15. Zfan

Zfan Member

Yes. They need bench fire to beat LA.

16. texastiger22

texastiger22 Member

ty for the update, this is indeed a good sign. I would really like to see him take his time coming back over these next three games. We are gonna need him for LA and Boston

17. baller4life315

Whew, glad to hear some good news. I agree that we should rest him for the New Jersey game but I would prefer to have him back and ready for the Hawks game. The Hawks have been very tough against the top dawgs at Philip's Arena in recent history and we lost there last year without Yao.

18. HoustonRockets

let him rest......I still What Chuck Hayes brings to the game.

19. withmustard

withmustard Member

I think they broke our 15-0 momentum in 93-94 as well.

20. JOHNNYN

JOHNNYN Member

If Landry is still questionable before the game, I'd rather him not play at all and just rest until Wednesday's game. Better safe than sorry, since he isn't necessarily needed to give us a win tomorrow.