1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: Kenny Smith blasts Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which players are on our current roster can play better than the current starters? And how many more games do you think we would win?

javal_lon and RocketsDraftTV like this.
  2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

LoL...

I read the entire article. Did you?

He did not say there are no promising players. Not what he said at all. He said that he doesnt see the team moving in the right direction.

Particularly with this quote:

If you comprehend what hes saying, hes not talking about the upside of any individual player. Hes talking about the team as a whole not showing any inprovement. Hes saying points alone is not proof of improving or being a good player. He also talked about how just adding a top tier player like Wemby or Scoot isnt going to turn the franchise around. Hes talking about the lack of direction and development of the team overall...unless in your mind hes saying wemby and scoot dont have upside either?

I think you need to go back and read it again.

3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

If Kenny Smith hasn't seen Alperen Sengun at least it means he doesn't watch Rockets games or is casual highlights watcher of the Rockets.

I really believe he doesn't watch the Rockets, because even casual fans love watching Alperen Sengun. Opponent Away Fans are intrigued who this Tall White Player is, doing all these moves.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I guess it just depends on what "promise" means.

Are we talking promise to be a solid player eventually? Then sure. If we're talking promise to be a star? I don't see it.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Find someone else to.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Kenny Smith isn’t really ripping the players as much as he is ripping the crappy front office and piss poor coaching.

He is right. There is zero accountability with this Rockets organization.

Zach Lowe, Kenyon Martin Jr., Eric Mobley, Sam Vecenie, David Thorpe, Eric Gordon, John Wall and Austin Rivers are not all wrong.

cml750, TheJet, jdjd and 6 others like this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

all true, but this is also personal for kenny because in decades of him being on a national broadcast i’ve never heard him give such an undiplomatic response about any other team

rockets1995 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Kenny has said things like this in the past, but it may not stick out if it's not about the team you are a fan of:

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It is the coach.

cml750, TheJet and Nook like this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that’s not calling out and dissing the entire franchise & roster, plus the knicks are his hometown team

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He's right, but...

f that guy

cml750, Nook and ico4498 like this.
  12. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

I’d like to see Dream make some public comments about the team. Of course he’s too classy to weigh in publicly.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need a point guard breh

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We are lucky we aren’t on tv

javal_lon likes this.
  15. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Totally agree
    Some think young means were automatically gonna be good

um no.. we suck ass and there is no light in at the end of the tunnel get used to it.. that's the reality
    Some people think you automatically get high draft picks and become good because you magically draft james harden
    Get used to being shitty for the forseeable future thats what rebulding is... being shitty year after year and hoping to get lucky to drag yourself out of perpetual suckitude

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

SMH...ok...

He also talked about how bad the Kings culture was based on how he was treated when he was drafted there...

Also, this is what Kenny said almost exactly one year ago:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...Smith-Rockets-create-good-habits-16922397.php

Sure maybe he is asked about the Rockets more often because he was a key piece for us during our championships, but I disagree that he's making negative remarks about the team because "it's personal"....He's an analyst...That's what he does...He's made tons of "undiplomatic" statements about coaches and teams when he thinks it warrants it. He didn't just come out and rip the Rockets because it's "personal"....They didn't/haven't been doing the things to build a successful culture that he and many others see as necessary.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

smh, it’s personal because not only did we dump him at the end of his career but then also rejected him for head coaching gig twice. and now the guy we did hire over him is literally the worst coach in league history so in typical kenny the b!tch fashion he’s gonna chirp

Reeko likes this.
  18. eman

eman Contributing Member

How I hope NBC ends the crap TNT slings at my TV set. Although I’ve muted their broadcasts for the last ten years, I’ve still caught glimpses of those moving jowls and knew I was witnessing nothing less than the decline and fall of western civilization. Kendrick Perkins looks and sounds like a Nobel laureate next to those knuckleheads.

rockets1995 and pippendagimp like this.
  19. blackistan

blackistan Member

I see most of y'all on here can't handle the truth

Jturbofuel and GotGame15 like this.
  20. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

not that we're must watch TV but ...

anyone really think Kenny spent any real time watching?

34to11 likes this.