1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Keeping Scola becomes Rockets' top priority

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the_hustler, Apr 9, 2010.

1. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6950784.html

Morey talking like T-Mac ;)

2. choujie

choujie Member

3. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Morey is gonna get an all-star player this offseason and do it with giving up as little as possible. It might not be Bosh, but it will be someone.

4. choujie

choujie Member

It's going to be very hard.I don't set my expectation too high.

But well it's Morey, so who knows.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who do you think?

Hopefully Gerald Wallace to make up for our scrawny backcourt...:grin:

Crash/Scola/Yao is a SICK frontline...

6. RocketMania1991

Last few days before the trade dead line looked very bleak.

Then suddenly we got Kevin Martin and the Suns had agreed to send Amare to Houston until we decided against it.

If he can pull off a Kevin Martin/Amare at the trade deadline with even less resources than he has now, then we are in great shape.

7. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Whose to say he won't keep Scola and add Bosh? I think a scenario of Jeffries + Battier or Ariza, peferably Ariza, + Hill + Taylor + NY's 2011 and 2012 picks for Bosh might be enticing for the Raptors. A bunch of expiring contracts or if its Ariza, a player they coveted before Hedo , draft picks, and young prospects in Hill and Taylor might convince them.

Brooks/Lowry
    Martin/MLE type of guy, maybe Redick or Miller
    Battier/Budinger
    Bosh/Scola
    Yao/Camby?/ Draft Pick

8. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I don't think the Cats' will part with Wallace. I dunno, but Worzel Gummidge suggested us going after Granger. If Morey can pull it off, man o man!

9. choujie

choujie Member

I belive it takes a lot more to get Bosh, especially when you consider we got Hill plus picks for Tmac.
    Not to mention Jeffries' contract is a bad one until mid-season.

Toronto won't bite. They'd at least get a near all star in return from other team.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

They would bite if Bosh didn't give them any other choice and said "make the trade with Houston or I'm walking and you get nothing"

However, he is not going to say that, which is why we're not getting Bosh.

11. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

If I was Bosh, my three ideal places to go would be
    1. Chicago
    2.Miami
    3.Houston

Obviously, in order to get someone of Bosh's caliber, it has to be through a sign and trade because he will not leave outright and risk losing millions.

Chicago, outside of Rose and Noah, who are there to stay, they have no assets.

Miami can do a sign and trade with Raps centered around Beasley, but the Raptors have stated publicly that their GM is not interested in Beasley. Pro is playing alongside Dwayne Wade, but I don't see Bosh accepting a 2nd banana role.

Lastly, Houston has alot of assets to use in a sign and trade and from a basketball perspective, this is a great place to have Bosh get publicity and a best chance to win a ring. We can offer Toronto the Big 3: Expiring contracts, young talent, and possibly 2 lotto picks from NY.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Bosh has basically come out and said that he cares more about being the big dog and the main star than he does about playing on a contender. He also doesn't seem to want to come back and play in Texas. You might think that way, but apparently he does not.

I bet he ends up playing for the Clippers, Knicks, or Nets just so he can be the superstar in a big market.

I don't think it's likely he'll end up on a team like ours, Chicago, OKC, or basically any team with an established star to take away his limelight.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Its two TOTALLY different situations.

And its not up to Toronto, its up to Bosh.

14. Dei

Dei Member

I hope he keeps his word. I can never be a fan of those types of mind games.

15. buck711

buck711 Member

To get this thread back on track....Keeping Scola is a must. Anytime you have a player that is durable, consistant, and averages basically 20 and 10 you have to keep them.

2 people like this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I keep saying it, but Brooks is the most attractive piece this team has.

17. startah

startah Member

its "MUST" to bring scola. i think less understand that no one else in roster can sing "Total eclipse of the heart" :grin:

1 person likes this.
  18. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I agree, a bunch of scrubs for Bosh is not going to happen. I think Scola and KMart might get it done but is it worth it losing two near stars to land a star.

19. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Bosh is not woth it...after he broke his face, he will become more softer and be afraid to go inside...

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Solid comment and not bad for a first post. Don't be a stranger and...

Viva Scola!!