1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Justice: Alexander willing to roll dice on coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Apr 12, 2011.

1. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

todays justice article on adelman

summary...they dont mind giving away a hall of fame coach to try and find a hall of fame coach...really? thats good leadership?

alexander is over rated as an owner. justice talked about 11 playoff appearances compared to football and baseball. basketball and hockey are so easy to qualify for compared to baseball and football...that stat means nothing. alexander won his first championship when he just bought the team that spring...he had nothing to do with the first one. the second one came in his second year...since his good fortune to come to the rockets when jordan retired and hakeem was in his prime, tell me what makes his job so great?

and if we think we can do better than adelman, why dont we think the same about morey? if you want to judge one that he is in the lottery for consecutive years, why does the gm get off the hook? i think both of these guys in tandem are great! why change for change sake?

maybe patience is best. maybe staying the course is right. maybe being over reactionary right now is a weakness instead of a strength.

no one can say that the rockets this year did not over achieve. or last years team. or the team before that. or in adelman's first year either.

why not a new owner instead of a new coach?

Admin Edit: Looks like the article was in the print version and just made it online on Wednesday:

2. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

man the Rockets did good. Justice is correct in saying adelman should stay. What more could he have done looking at the whole season.

3. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Any small amount of sense you made was killed by this sentence.:rolleyes:

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Here it comes ...

6. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

[​IMG]

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Has anyone found the phantom article? I don't see any recent Richard Justice articles.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Is it only in the print edition?

9. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

I hate this Jordan argument. I know you guys all have charts and stats to try and prove how the Rockets would have beaten him if the Rockets played him in a playoff game but the thing is we're talking about the greatest man to ever play the game of basketball. There were tons of games the Bulls 'should' have lost but he singlehandedly willed them to victories. Even if some team might have matched up better with Jordan in the regular season, he is a different player in the playoffs. So when someone says the Rockets were lucky to have not met up with those Bulls, just nod your head and walk away. No one is saying the Bulls would have necessarily beaten the Rockets but whenever you're in a playoff series and the best player ever is on the other team, you just never know.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I don't know what RA's relationship with Les is like but possibly Les wanted RA to play more of the young guys and develop them for the future (TWill, Pat, Thabeet etc...). I know RA has been known to rub owners the wrong way (Sac).

Regardless I think Rick did a terrific job and think the Rockets should try to bring him back. But we will likely never know if Rick was directing the Rockets to the future in the way that DM and Les wanted.

11. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

So you've seen it? I don't live in Houston at the moment, so I'm not sure. I figured now days they'd have every print article available online though?

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

IBTL. Where's the article and I trust Morey to tell Les that we need Adelman. If Morey doesn't think we do then I'm glad to see Adelman go.

13. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

im not diminishing our championships...im just saying alexander profited from luck and timing and hakeem's greatness, not by being such a great owner

14. Blurr#7

How about the Bulls were lucky not to have met up with the Rockets? What's so wrong about giving the Rockets full credit on their championships?

Mike was there in 95 he lost to the Orlando. No one say's well the Bulls won all those rings because Magic retired and Bird was gone or Isiah was old. Please, who knows if the Bulls even get past the Knicks in 94 to meet us.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Les has allowed his GM's to go out and spend whenever a GM felt spendind would make the team better.

CD and Morey have had no problems with Les NOT spending moey. He buys picks, spends money on a D-League affiliate, hires expensive techies that crunch Morey's numbers! Sounds like a owner that stays out of it and that's what successful owners do!

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Alexander doesn't have a job, he has a team.

Seriously, you're right -- Adelman is a better coach than Les is an owner. Morey is probably a better GM than Les is an owner. But, Adelman and Morey can be fired; Alexander can't. We're stuck with him for as long as he wants to be around. I'm just glad he doesn't completely suck. He was smart enough, at least, to hire Morey and Adelman in the first place.

17. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

I hope you aren't because anyone who pulls the Jordan crap is just asking for it.

18. Blurr#7

So now we got our rings because of luck? Dude there's a guy who needs to get paid in two dollar bills, stop posting and go handle it.

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Thanks Javon! finally someone recognizes that Hakeem was the greatest basketball player of all time and better than Wilt! But Jordan was great in his own right and it would have been a great series. :p

Great quote! I took the liberty off adding some things you may have missed typing in haste but I'm sure you meant to add them. ;)

Once again, it appears that you made some mistakes while typing that I was more than happy to help you with. :grin:

2 people like this.
  20. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

^^^ crash you missed one ;)
    Why yes, Hakeem improved more statistically from the regular season to the playoff than Jordan did, now that you mention it.