1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON] Jackson quotes on Battier, Bynum vs Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mordo, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/4677244.html
    I am not sure if these are after the game or before. The timestamp is 1:44 AM 03/31.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Wow can't believe he criticized someone publicly! Does he think he is Gundy?

3. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

If JVG is let go after this season comes to a conclusion, does anyone doubt for a second that PJax would give serious consideration to the job opening down the I-10 in Houston?

I am intrigued by the prospect of McGrady and Yao in the triangle, and who's better at it than Big Chief Triangle himself?

Just saying :) ...

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It would be very hard for me to root for the Rockets if someone like Phil Jackson was the coach.

I would donate money to the Rockets organization, or charities to not hire Phil Jackson.

He is good at working with super star's egos and getting them to play in a successful overall scheme. He isn't particularly good at x's and o's.

He's just a total phony sleaze ball, psuedo Zen pretender.

I can't stand Phil Jackson

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Now you're gonna get edc to post in this and suddenly we have a 100 page thread...

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You don't know PJ very well. He's called out just about everyone on their team except Kobe and Luke Walton.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah, I was just making fun of posters who think JVG shouldn't criticize guys like VSpan.

8. SladeRider

SladeRider Member

If Jackson became Rockets coach, I think it might be safe to say that the ring Tmac wants will be further away then it is now because it takes a few seasons to learn the triangle and will only slow the progress of Tmac and Yao and I wouldn't want to see that.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Bingo! The triangle offense is a pain in the neck and it's too troublesome for many players to learn. I think that is one reason the Lakers have regressed so much this season. Kobe and Luke Walton are the only two guys on the Lakers that seem to have it mastered. I can't tell with LO. Smush, Kwame & VladRam will never get it and their young players are obviously still learning.

Mr. Clutch, sorry I missed your sarcasm. I must be denser than normal right now.

10. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I actually disagree with that. McGrady and Yao are extremely high basketball IQ type of players. If anyone in this entire league can adjust to the triangle, it's Yao and especially McGrady.

These two guys are very, very bright individuals and the game just comes naturally to them.

I am willing to bet that they would have it down by the ASG, barring any more injuries, of course, that could disturb their progress. Not to mention that they would have the entire summer/training camp to familiarize themselves with it.

Their young guys are dumb compared to even our role players like Battier, Howard, Chuck, and even Rafer. All these guys are intelligent basketball players, even if they have limited abilities.

I think we're much better equipped than the Lakers are to execute the triangle. Will we master it right away? No, but we would have an easier time learning it than the current Lakers squad.

You need intelligent players for the triangle, because it's a thinking man's system. But the old Lakers squad that won those rings had high b-ball IQ players in Fisher, Fox, Horry, and other role players outside of Shaq and Kobe who studies the triangle and learned how to fit into their roles. So that's what's needed to make it work.

11. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Phil Jackson for Rocket Coach!...thanks alot tigermi$$ion. :(

12. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Jackson is the master of bashing players that contain his own players. So, for anyone whose got weak minds, it can be torture. But then again, I don't think the Rockets organization will fall in to his crap.

13. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I'm guessing these quotes are before the game. I remember seeing that quote about Bynum/Yao before. Good read for people who haven't seen it anyways.