1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON] Greene is ready to show all that he's learned

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fullcourt, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5862384.html

It seems that this kid has been through some rough times.The piece really makes me feel for the guy. I really want him to succeed even more now.

2. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Lotta NBA players have the same story, just up to them whether they want to make money or make history.

3. csux

csux Rookie

really?
    According to one of the syracuse fan posted on SI.com, donte greene is 4th best player on a not very good team. Also he's body fat is ranked in the last 4th among all SF coming into this draft. Yes last 4th, including all those wasn't even drafted. He had tremendous potential, yet a self-proclaimed sharp shooter only shoot 34% from down-town from college 3. He's physical is much less impressive than landry.

Honestly, all i hope is he turns out better than luther head is. Right now, I can't even be sure. let's not get high on him. who knows what kind of crack will this kid smoke with $1million in the pocket?

4. csux

csux Rookie

oh btw, did i mention that he has the worst bench # among all the SF prospect? So he's not only "fat", slow, can't jump, but also weak? yet he has not matured enough to develope all the moves needed to play in the nba. Right now he has only dunks and 3s.

Honestly, as much as I like him as our pick, he needs to work on his game big time, or he will be out of this league faster than luther head. and it isn't even funny..

5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

One thing i like about him is his height. He's the tallest player on the roster not including Center.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

go back to the espn msg boards. you've already worn out your welcome here in just 4 posts...

7. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

You seem to forget that he's 6'9". And his body fat % is low. Beasley and DJ Augustine have more. Pretty much your whole analysis contradicted itself..you talk about how much he sucks then say you like our pick a lot.

Kevin Durant didn't do the bench 1 time etc. etc. etc., Donte is only 20 years old etc. etc. etc.

Wait for him to play before you crap on him.

Back to ESPN msg boards for you.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

Not one of these are you?

http://media.www.dailyorange.com/me...ba.Draft.Hes.Eager.To.Lea-3384674-page3.shtml

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Doesn't sound like you like the pick at all to me. This is your fourth post. All four of your first posts ever are all bashing Donte Greene, yet you have never seen the kid play once. He has not played in a summer league game yet and you are convinced he is a bust.

I also read what the fan from syracuse said in SI and he just sounded bitter because Donte left early. No one at the school wanted him to leave early, which just goes to show how bad he must "suck" (they even made "Don'te Leave!" t-shirts to send him the message). He has tremendous size, great athletic ability and has a beatiful shot. He had a low percentage because of poor shot selection which is absolutely coachable. He actually shot around 50% if you don't count his 3-point average, so that just goes to show you what he needs to work on. We drafted him to contribute once he learns how to take wiser shots and develop other aspects of his game as well. He is only 20 and will mature. I trust Morey when it comes to evaluating talent, not some pansy syracuse student who feels betrayed cuz Donte left.

There is no need for the repetative garbage spewing out of your mouth (or keyboard, rather). Let the 20 year-old play and shut up.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm pulling for him.I do want to ask does anyone feel that his short arms will affect his outside shooting despite his 6'8-6'9" height?

I hope he will get good looks and shoot them down when Tracy and Yao are double teamed. I feel he can benefit from passes and dunk as well while developing his overall skill level.

12. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

hate, hate, hate !! Greene will be a sleeper watch and see. A guy with his size and speed and athleticism just needs to work on running the offense, setting screens, picks, moving without the ball and learn cuts getting him the ball up high around the basket will be easy. Anyone know his wing span? This guy will be good. Learn the system first then your offensive game will come later once your comfortable in the system take it one step at a time he will be fine.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

His wing span is 6'9" which isn't very good but I like his height and athleticism.

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Thanks for the wisdom there, chief. :rolleyes: Anytime you want to stop posting and lose this link forever would be greatly appreciated.

15. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

lol, 7.6% body fat is not "fat" and Durant can't even bench press once. :rolleyes:

16. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

wow I would kill for 7,6% bf... lol. Well not really I'd be too skinny :p

17. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Why are you listening to Syracuse fans on a Sports Illustrated message board and believing them? He had the best numbers on the Syracuse team, and the team was injured from day one:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=36582

18. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

No disrespect, but you obviously don't know what you're talking about. The fact that you quote, as your source, a couple of people on a Sports Illustrated message board tells you all you need to know about your credibility.

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Another bitter Syracuse fan. He left early, so what? Syracuse doesn't need him, if he is as bad as you think he is.

20. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I'm savoring this moment, BMoney, because it's one of the few time we are in 100% agreement.

Don't go away mad, csux, just go away.