1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CHRON: Good thing Young is a people person

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gunn, Feb 4, 2006.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Member

Actually, you need your sarcasm meter recalibrated. :D

What has he done that someone else in his shoes wouldn't or couldn't have done?

2. gucci888

gucci888 Member

Haha, I knew something was fishy about that post.

See what I mean by a free ride? I've heard the exact same thing for the last 4 years.

3. gr8-1

gr8-1 Member

And, I hate to say this, but there were alot of times where Carr struggled, but I would just make excuses in my mind for him. Oh, he's young, uh, his supporting cast sucks, etc.

But, I would always think "hmmm...something isn't right about Carr. There's something about him I don't like." I mean, he looks the part and he has the requisite tools, esp. arm strength and mobility, but something's missing, imo.

4. gunn

gunn Member

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

MM, other lawyers, will you please kindly explain "burden of proof" to my friend so we can maybe move past this. until then, for the final time:

it's your claim; therefore, it's your responsibility to either produce the evidence, or drop it and move on. focus on something something more tangible, like, oh, i don;t know - just riffing off the top of my head here - the fact texas won a national championship. that would, to me anyway, seem liek a much better use of your time than clinging to some hopeless fantasy that, frankly, kind of pales in comparison to that whole national championship thing, but what do i know?

you honestly sound like a 12-year old here. or a cowboy fan.

tell ya what - next time they award the heisman is january... which, btw, will be the first time they award the heisman trophy in january, you're welcome to come here and spin history however you want. until then, while you hypothetically celebrate VY's triumph, while i imagine, hypothetically toasting the baby you and cameron diaz just had together, reggie bush and the university of southern california will, i'm sure, rest content, knowing that the actual heisman is tucked away safely in their trophy case.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Yeah Madmax, other lawyers, - please explain to me what the burden of proof is, and how it relates to the OFFICIAL Rules of Hyptothetical Heisman Recount Procedure with particular respect to internet sports arguments. It's funny because I don't see it anywhere in the Fed Rules of BBS Pro. - you guys might have to call in local counsel because I don't know if I'm admitted locally anyway - or if I could get in - I might not pass the character & fitness check up

I did produce evidence - I put forth a prima facie case. Now the burden has shifted to you - I have survived your 12-b-6 motion - now it is up to you or I will move for summary judgment. Scratch that, I already did on Friday - you did not oppose - ergo:

CONGRATULATIONS TO VINCE YOUNG, 2005 HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER!

YOu have a chance to appeal to the OFFICIAL Court of Appeals for Hypothetical Heisman Recount, BBS circuit, but I don't think you have a chance insofar as you're up against a tough standard of review. Polish up your oral argument - you might want to even rent a new suit - despite the intervening "gnawing" that this moment has been causing you. Again, I don't like your chances, because the "you don't have a time machine or magic powers, so shut the F up" argument line that you are using was overturned by the Supreme Council of Heisman Recount Arbitrators some time ago.

Ricky, read your last post or any of the last 10 to find out why this is an ironic statment

#186 SamFisher, Feb 13, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  7. gr8-1

gr8-1 Member

They can have that. We'll take the rose bowl victory.

8. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Member

Yes he joins the distinguished list of future NFLers that include Desmond Howard, Gino Torreta, Rashaan Salaam, Danny Wuerffel & Jason White.

I am sure VY and Texas will gladly take their trophies they earned on the field over the viewers choice award version.

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

You all sound like a bunch of little girls.