1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Gasol Take 2? Yes, Please

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Feb 14, 2012.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I would bet a team of lowry scola kobe and bynum would take them much further than with pau and the lakers aren't gonna start rebuilding, anyways the lakers are in need of a good point guard to run the team and who better than kyle lowry to do that? especially at the price of JUST pau gasol. Lol you do realize pau is not god correct? he's a good player and is attainable for, yes lowry and scola. If you disagree then we must agree to disagree im not changing my mind. Plus even if it was a 3 way trade including dwight i would bet lowry and scola would be enough, plus with dwight out thats even better for us cuz boom dwill is on the market right after that, and we will not lose as bidders to the over the hill expiring's and rodney B.

2. StevieCrossover

Stern nix deal. Houston gets allstar game!!

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That's nothing. Houston should get another legit Allstar not he Allstar game.

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Might just be me, but surely Lowry has improved as a "piece" since before the season began?

25 year old PG who can penetrate, pass and shoot? Oh - AND is a very good defender? I'd suggest Morey would be all about keeping Lowry - quality player on a very friendly contract, exactly the type of piece he'd like to have alongside a max contract star.

Of course how we get mr max contract is another question!

FWIW I think Scola would be great with Bynum. He's got a great mid range game and excels in the p'n'r too!

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Exactly, i don't know whats up with that dudes logic. The only reason i'd personally be happy with the rox doing a pau trade (involving lowry) is because the possibility of paring him with D-Will, if it wasn't for that i think they trade would be a total rip off.

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

its funny because some of you would trade starters for pau with HOPES of trading again for d.will... yet wont trade for dwight with HOPES he would resign... inside track on a possible resign carrys far better odds then a trade leading to another trade... you guys are ridiculous...

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If the rox were to gut the team for dwight, we wouldn't be able to trade for anybody else to make him stay... and he isn't staying for any scrubs if he was gona stay with scrubs why leave orlando? The best chance we have is trading for dwight and then getting D-Will in free agency, but once we get dwight DWill would be traded and he'd could resign with that team depending on who it is, like if its the lakers or mavs then were *****ed... like with pau you know what u get... pau, with a huge chance of getting d-will.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We lucked out not getting Gasol before. Let's hope it doesn't happen this time. The only reason to get Gasol would be if there was another trade in the works where we shipped him off immediately.

He's a really good player. He isn't a star of a team, and doesn't have the drive, toughness, or attitude to be the load carrier night in and night out.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Pau Gasol: 3 pts, 1-10, 3 rebs, 29 mins

Pau Gasol: 3 pts, 1-10, 3 rebs, 29 mins

His +/- was -29

This is a playoff game too.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

When did we sign him

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I see where this is going. Nene would have had his back though. ;)

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Warmly welcome Pau Gasol to Houston! Warmly welcome!!!

Hot a feeling he is coming.

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

After two years in a row of poor playoff performances, we sure would be buying low. Kmart and Dalembert's expiring contracts probably should be enough to get it done, Lakers need to get Gasol off their books before the salary cap armageddon hits in 2013-14.

14. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

and kevin martin and luis scola does?

15. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

there would be PLENTY of suitors for Gasol right now. I'd trade them Lowry for Gasol, and resign Dragic. That would be a great move for the Rockets because we wouldn't be faced with a PG dilemma next season which could cause lockeroom dysfunction. Man, no Brooks vs. Lowry EP. 2 pleaseee

16. arjun

arjun Member

cant believe you guys would still trade for gasol.

i don't get what is the point? we still won't get anywhere besides the first round lol.

17. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Pau gasol is past his prime but he is still much better than scola and kmart. If that trade was available after this season i would do it in a heartbeat. In addition i'd trade lowry for a top 8 pick in the draft. A foundation of Dragic, gasol, parsons, and 3 top 16 draft picks is legit. not to mention morris, patterson, etc.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

If the best you can get in return for the #assets is Pau Gasol, then your #assets aren't real strong.

I can't imagine wanting this guy in Rocket Red. To watch him do this 2 years in a row in the playoffs...and then to suggest trading away half our team to bring him in? No thanks.

19. Raven

Raven Member

It was a bad trade from day one.

20. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

Why the hell would the Rockets pursue a big that is not only soft but past his prime other than to watch his contract wash away from the books? The Rockets are nowhere near a state of contention and by signing a guy like Gasol, it would only hinder our opportunities to get players to build our franchise around.

If Gasol AND Bynum isn't even enough for the Lakers to solidify themselves as a contender, what the hell is Gasol by himself going to do for the Rockets minus all of the pieces we will have to give up for him? This move would be extremely shortsighted and just plain dumb.