1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron-Frans Blog]Bonzi is back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mordo, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

Bonzi's first game, since injury, might be against Dallas, tonight.

Has John Patterson done it again?

JP4MVP! JP4MVP! JP4MVP!

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Whoop dee doo. He needs to start contributing or we need to trade him for PG or PF help.

3. mixxx

mixxx Member

Bonzi i need U on the floor tonight !

4. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bonzi Wells is a bust up to this point in the season. He's done nothing but be out of shape and have a bad attitiude. I doubt he's in game shape now.

I'd trade him if you can get something for him.

5. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

You probably did not watch the last game against Spurs. That game alone has proven to me Bonzi's worth to this team.

6. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

It's showtime Bonz! Show us what is left on the tank. :D

GO ROCKETS!

7. rocketsmetalspd

If Bonzi is to do something for the Rockets he has to play tonight and tomorrow. This guy should be given the chance to play and if he is not ready by now it is time to get a true backup for Deke and trade Bonzi. Nazr of Pistons is not happy about his playing time maybe the Rockets should try and get the guy.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Bonzi was brought in for the playoffs. At the price we got him at, he will be a bargain if he all he does is get us past the spurs.

9. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

maybe all the media talks about Houston got Bonzi come crawling back to play?

10. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Play him, don't play him, I don't care.

Just make sure not to use the MLE on him in the offseason. He clearly isn't worth any significant investment in, despite his talent.

11. Sextuple Double

He'll be alright. We could make it to the playoffs without him putting up monster numbers.

12. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

If we make a significant run in the playoffs and Bonzi stays healthy and he's the third piece behind Tmac and Yao, he will be getting offers a lot bigger than the MLE

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Even if Bonzi comes back soon I think he will need time to get going. Expect gradually progress from him if he is fit to play.

14. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

We know he can play. Bonzi needs to start earning that paycheck and next years contract. I just don't think it'll be tonight, he's at least a month away from putting up some solid numbers, he has been in and out of the lineup too much to develop a rhythm to help the team and JVG is only going to give him minimal minutes until he does.

15. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

If he shines in the playoffs again like last year, then what you gonna say?

16. Blue Beluga

Blue Beluga Member

Dear Bonzi,

We are very grateful and fortunate to have you as apart of our 2007 NBA championship team. Without you, we would not have won it all. As a gesture of our appreciation, our entire team have help packed all your personal belonging. We wish you find the right team for your asking price. Please remember to communicate clearly with your agent when discussing dollar figures.

Sincerely,

Rockets Organization

17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

You make the rockets sounds like my old company.

18. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I agree. And even though he isn't producing right now, teams respect him because they know what he's capable of. If anything he's our biggest distraction on and off the court.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If anything Bonzi's our best trading chip (along witgh Sura and the #1, of course).

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

After being an injury-prone flake for most of the regular season, Bonzi will not be cashing in big time next season no matter what he does in the playoffs. And IF he's still on the team during the playoffs, he better not get selfish and throw up a bunch of shots trying to repeat last year's scoring spree at the expense of the Rockets teamwork. Based on the body of evidence over his entire career, what he did against the Spurs was a complete fluke.

Bonzi will be 31 years old before the season starts next year. Any team that gives him long term big money is crazy.