1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] E-mails reveal S.A. professor fantasized about students

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OrangeRowdy95, Jul 6, 2008.

1. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5874081.html

2. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Member

eeew. that's just creepy. creepy old dude. eeew.

He probably could have kept on with his "business" if he would have just kept that stuff to himself! I don't generally care what people do in their own lives, but some things I (or other people, for that matter) just don't need to hear about.

3. rimbaud

rimbaud Member
    Supporting Member

It is almost impossible for a professor to not fantasize about students (and vice versa) at some point. Human nature. Obviously most don't act on it, thankfully, and most don't even talk about it to colleagues.

Oh, and college girls definitely try to use their sexuality to get higher scores. Some are amazingly brazen about it.

4. conquistador#11

can you blame him? UTSA and UT panam have the hotest latin women in the region.

5. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

yeah it's human nature to think some of those things, you just don't put it in writing from your work computer. that's just r****ded.

6. Isabel

Isabel Member

Disgusting. :( It's bad enough to even think about your students this way; there may be temptation but you should just learn to shut it out of your mind. I used to feel really bad if any "wish I could date that guy" thoughts even crossed through my head about a student, and of course I would have never treated them any different or acted on it. A few years in the teaching business and you can train yourself to get into strictly business mode, even inside your own head.

And don't go talking to each other about it for goodness' sake (gross - I don't want my professors talking about me like that) and especially don't write email about it. I don't know this guy and _hopefully_ I don't know the guy on the other end of the emails, because it looks like they're doing their dirty old man teamwork together. The huge age difference between him and his semi-legal objects of desire makes it extra gross, especially since he singles out "teenage" girls for this. There are always some girls out there so lost and confused that they will try a relationship with someone like this. :(
    I wonder if he has daughters older than that, or if he'll have granddaughters in that age bracket before long. The fact that he likes the whole "little girl" image makes me wonder if he's trying to mess with the under-18 set too. :(

Sadly, some female students do flirt their way through class. I know a professor at UTSA who is very businesslike and I can tell is extremely careful not to even implicate himself in any way, and still the girls try to flirt with him just to see what will happen. Many others wear low-cut tops to class, and some sit near the professors like that on purpose. Since I am female, they don't try it with me... are usually kind of frustrated in my class because they actually have to do the work and prove that they know something. Meanwhile, I am wishing they would put on some clothes; I feel like I walked into the locker room while they were changing, and I don't want to look at all that. A male professor, though, would probably be distracted some despite his best efforts. Which does not excuse him for doing or saying anything about it. You get up to this level, you should be able to behave professionally at work.

7. Astro101

Astro101 Member

College girls...the reason why I want to be a college professor and the reason why I wouldn't make it as a college professor.

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

lost and confused... ha..

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I'll bet he was a cat owner.

;)

DD

10. Hmm

Hmm Member

meant to put that in quotes..