1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Dwight Howard: Starting Point Guard Decision "Doesn't Matter"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

You're disgusting. You want Lin traded to the Lakers just so he can play with D'Antoni again. Another crazy LOF.

Yeah it is kind of ironic he would say that when he was doing just that last season...

2. cebunit

cebunit Member

Lin for Rondo... :)

3. hat1

hat1 Member

How much is Rodo making? 12M??

4. hat1

hat1 Member

[Chron] Dwight Howard: Starting Point Guard Decision "Doesn't Matter"

To Howard, the only thing that matter is starting center position :)

5. hahachui

hahachui Member

I really hate to count Parsons as big3 and everyone forget Omer

6. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Interesting thought indeed. What is he gonna say if McHale started Asik in the Philippines?

7. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I think my boy d12 would have answered that the exactly the same way if they had asked him about whether he or omer should be starting?

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Dwight Howard took his team to the finals, he has accomplished far more than Lin and has established himself as the best center in the league.

Do you really think the situation is even remotely comparable?

If Lin was coming off the bench in Miami, the defensive bunch of Lin fans would try and argue that Lebron should come off the bench instead.

9. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Lin's taken. Just ask Parsons.

10. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

I hate Matt Schaub but I love my Texans. What's wrong with that?

11. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Of course it is comparable, otherwise people wouldn't be doing the comparison. Is it reasonable is the question to ask.

The star players don't run into this problem until their time starts to run out; then they transition to more of a role player or leave the game.

It is silly to think any player will publicly pick and choose favorites on his team unless the comparison is laughable (Dwight or Greg Smith, which do you want to play with?... uh, Dwight). Doesn't mean they don't have their own private thoughts on the matter, but who wants to run down a teammate?

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That is just circular logic. It's comparable because people are comparing, people are comparing because it's comparable.

It's not comparable because the situation is completely different. Jeremy Lin and Beverley are both very good PGs, but they have strengths in different areas. Lin's strength is most evident when he is the primary ball handler.

Dwight Howard is better than Asik in practically every aspect of the game other than free throws.

Jeremy Lin would go from 3rd/4th option and secondary ball handler to 1st option and primary ball handler if he led the 2nd unit. Dwight Howard would remain 1st/2nd option regardless of whether he came off the bench or not because he is the best big man on the roster.

13. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

lol, shut up Dwight, you wouldn't be saying this if you were the one relegated to the bench.

you can come off and sound diplomatic if you want, but don't speak for others when you're the one who's clearly been at the top of the food chain from your rookie season--til now.
    Asik more than anyone is feeling the effects of your arrival.

this is the reality, and more likely what every player is thinking,

"of course i want to start. of course i want to finish. it does matter, but at the same time the bigger picture is buying in and doing what is required of me so that we can win a championship."

this is the mission

14. lfw

lfw Rookie

Exactly. I'm sure both Lin and Bev would both love to start and finish games. But we all know that Dwight is giving the typical PR answer which is what he needed to do in this situation.

15. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

It is comparable because people are comparing two different things. You are comparing two abstract players and saying (correctly) "that's stupid." Other people are comparing two people and saying (correctly) "hey, you wouldn't like that either."

My point was, had you read past the first sentence, that you were right.

16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

LOFs are trash and will always be on that level. It's the same as the previous YOF, just much more desperate. Lin i stheir only connection to the NBA, only because they have alienated themselves that way.

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

My point was, had you read past the first sentence, that it's not comparable because the situation and context is completely different.

I don't know what you are failing to grasp.

18. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You do understand that it's not just LOF's who think that Lin coming off of the bench is a stupid idea right?

I don't have a problem at all with what Howard said, there was nothing else he could have said. I think he would rather have Lin start anyway because he is going to play better when Lin is in the game than when Beverley is in.

19. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

I agree to disagree, and apologize for letting myself become rude.

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It's pretty funny how LOF's are still butthurt about a coach experimenting with lineups in a preseason game. It's been like 3 days!

Please try to remain calm, your idol will most likely start in the regular season. Try to act least act like you care about the Rockets as a whole if you are on this forum.