1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Dwight Howard: Starting Point Guard Decision "Doesn't Matter"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 11, 2013.

1. DreamRoxCoogFan

hey dwight, just remember your own advice during the season. "Accepting roles" isn't just a conversation for role players.

2. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

That was just a canned response from Dwight, what else can he say.
    I think Howard would rather have Lin starting because he will be able to score more points when Lin is in the game. If the starting job is given to the player who makes the first team run better than there is no need to worry because the job will go to Lin. Don't overlook that Lin is a good defender he just isn't the ball hawk that Beverley is.

3. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Hope Dwight will accept some rolls too, as in pick n rolls.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Video of Howard's answer:

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/JWtjuHyRqDVF?params=zone%3Dcsnvideo&autoPlay=false" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

#124 Carl Herrera, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2013
  5. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Auto play? Carl I expected better from you :eek:

But thanks for the vid.
    Again Dwight answered it very well, praising both of his PGs and leaving it at that.

He sounds like he's got a cold tho. He better take some NyQuil right now cuz I betta see him tomorrow with Asik.

6. Grace33

Grace33 Member

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/...hale-doesnt-respect-rockets-difference-maker/

Glad that some media in Houston pointed out that how " Disrespectful" it was for the action that the rockets coach had just done.
    I don't know who made the decision and picked the timing that really make me doubt about this organization. Why not announce it earlier or why not try it later if they planned to do that???
    Sorry to say that but"
    That doesn't matter" comment from McFale really shows how lack of consideration he is to me. Maybe it is not a big deal for you but it doesn't mean it doesn't mean anything for some else. I think how the Rockets did is totally disrespect to Jlin. Don't think the Rockets will treat their superstars the same way.
    You may not think so high on his game but please do respect him as a player and a person. It apply to every players in this team. I know NBA is just a business and I am totally agree that we should put the team over one player and put team win ahead of the personal stat. And I think every player of this team agree with that and that is what makes this team so likable.

7. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

thanks for the video

Dwight is such a funny dude

Reporter: I'm not going to ask you which point guard you prefer...
    Dwight: You just did...

hahhaha

#127 hardenisaboss, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2013
  8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

since lin will be playing with 2nd unit some to add scoring and because harden and howard are playing less minutes in preseason bev needs his reps with 1st team. Its clear that lin will be the starter and this is more a usage of minutes in preseason thing than anything..Keep in mind harden and howard dont even play 4th quarter in preseason so not much of a chance for bev to get 1st team minutes when we are talking 3 quarters.

Dont you mind mixed minutes from lin both with 1st AND 2nd unit? Dont you think we need scoring punch in 2nd unit? I sure do. Lin and parson are our 3rd and 4th best player so I want them in with 2nd unit at times to provide offense. Lin NEEDS those reps too. By exclusively stating lin in preseason you are stunting his growth with 2nd unit. where we will need scoring!This is not about being in manila and showcasing lin as much as it is doing what is best for strategy in terms of getting lin and bev most ready.

Also CH video shows that howard feels same way I do. Having Lin and Bev is a luxury.

9. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Dwight has complained of sleep deprivation. Guess what? Don't sleep for four or five days in a row and that's a really good way to get sick! I don't think Asik is playing tomorrow, still injured.

10. leavehouston

leavehouston New Member

What he can say besides this?

11. Grace33

Grace33 Member

DH said the right thing he should say as a player and I think Jlin might say the similar one if you ask him. I don't have any issue with that.
    And I am not against that Jlin come off the bench theory either although I am not totally agree with it. Just feel really awful of the way this organization did and the timing they picked...

12. BBAAB

BBAAB Rookie

Lol with McHale using "like Jeremy Lin says" when he in Taiwan ...

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He used that phrase most likely because Jeremy Lin was sitting next to him at the press conference and probably just said what McHale was about to say.

14. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I love Dwight's team attitude but the most important thing is maintaining his health just ask the Knicks and their experience with Stat. Mchale shouldn't try to play him 35-40 minutes a game in the regular season, manage his minutes to no more than 30 in the regular season and have him in better shape for the playoffs. We have Asik use him, with Dwight playing fewer minutes and playing in a big lineup there might be enough minutes to keep him happy.

15. jedicro

jedicro Member

Want a hug too?

16. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

About what exactly?

17. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Anybody who thinks Lin coming off the bench is a big deal because it was in the Philipines needs to man up! We have bigger fish to fry this year OK? Go Rockets let's stomp the Pacers again and don't look back

18. Gil

Gil Member

This board is a joke now. Can we trade Lin already and end all this nonsense?

19. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

what do you think about Lin for Jordan Hill and Steve Blake?

the #'s match up. we can get a good PF to do the dirty work and Steve Blake is one of the best off the ball, spot up shooting PGs in the league

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Howard said the right thing. I don't see why the uproar about this. And it's easy for him to say "we all need to accept our roles" when he's supposed to be the center piece of the offense. What if his role was play defense, get the rebounds and get out of Harden's way on offense? Would he accept that?