1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] DWI trial of Rockets guard Alston to begin (UPDATE: Alston not guilty)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DcProWLer277, Oct 22, 2008.

1. raidergrad2

raidergrad2 Member

hell yeah, Rafer wins!!! F these stupid cops, I need the Rockets to have a full squad this year.

2. Bassem

Bassem Member

[NBA.com] Rockets' Alston cleared of drunk driving charge

http://www.nba.com/2008/news/10/24/102408alstoncleared.ap/index.html

3. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

alston has the worst luck with the law lol or maybe the best?
    im glad that distractions out of the way though

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Im sure most of the people caught the video, but man did it seem Alston wanted to be arrested?

5. CHAD444

CHAD444 Contributing Member

cool.......lets move on!

6. trance112

trance112 Member

now let the season begain....

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Doesn't anybody understand cops are supposed to be dicks? They are tryin to unnerve you - so if yer guilty, you slip up. I've been stepped at hard a few times, if you're cool, show you're not up to no good - you walk. How anyone can defend Alston is beyond me. By his own admission, he was DUI - probably not DWI - but definantly under the influence. To what extent... debatable. You're a high profile individual makin millions - get yer head outta where the sun don't shine! You don't have to be role model (Charles), but you shouldn't be a negative either - period! And RA still is the weakest link in the starting lineup (plus a couple bench players - Artest or Battier and Landry), probably just actin a fool to keep his spot on this team - since nobody would trade for this knucklehead!

8. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

:D

I love this!

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Sorry but not everybody is the same. We all react to situations differently. We don't really know Alston. He might have had some really horrible encounters with the law in the past and that may be why he was acting that way. All the cops that I have encountered were all mean and disrespectful so whenever I do encounter any cops, that is what I expect to get. Not saying all cops are like this.

Cops aren't suppose to be dicks. They are suppose to be respectful. You telling me they can't do their jobs without acting like a *******? C'mon now. I'm not talking specifically this cop but certain cops in general. Skip is actually lucky this cop was cool headed. I bet any other cop wouldn't have been that nice to Skip.

10. kingk0ng

kingk0ng Member

What would happen if a cop pulled over T-mac or Yao? lol i can see it now:

Cop: Sir, step out of the car
    Yao stepping out of his car towering over the cop.
    Cop: oh...**** ur tall.
    Yao: Man I play ball for the Houston Rockets, thats my wife in the car.

11. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I saw the video.. and I'm not trying to be biased, but that cop was being a total jackass. Who the hell ever knows what time they took their first drink or their final drink? And Rafer had 4 in TWO hours??? c'mon! that's not enough to get WASTED.. buzzed...sure...WASTED, no way!

HPD in general.. are all a bunch of jackasses! I got pulled over on 59 for going 70mph! who the hell gets pulled over for going 70mph on hwy59 at 6pm on a weekday!?!?! (btw... i was on my way to the 1st preseason game this season) and this little trick (woman cop) gave me an additional ticket for following too close! ITS 6PM on HWY59 on a WEEKDAY! ITS CALLED TRAFFIC! :mad: I'm gonna have to holla at Rusty to get these tickets dismissed!

And as far as Rafer being the "weak link" on this team.. strongly disagree... see the 07-08 playoffs..with Rafer 2-1 (the loss came in game7 when he left with an injury at the end of the 1st quarter), without Rafer 0-3... Its all about the Stats baby.. Ask DM!

12. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

He wasn't drunk if its 4 drinks. Some people on the BBS act like they've never heard of the legal limit. Rafer's an athlete, he can hold his liquor.

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Great news, hopefully it's the last of any more off court issues with Rafer

14. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Buzzed driving is drunk driving... :eek:

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I've been pulled over twice for what quickly turned into "suspected DWI." The first time I had not drank at all that night. The second time I had consumed 1 beer 3 hours before. Two different events and two different cops and the same thing happened.

I was honest about how much I had or had not had to drink

I was told they could tell by looking at me (one guy gave me the follow the pen test and I failed) that I would fail a breathalyzer.

On both occasions I was intimidated and provoked with stupid questions and threats of the consequences for something I wasn't even guilty of.

I left both situations mad as hell but thankful I was not arrested for something I was 100% innocent of. These are just two episodes where I had an unpleasant and unwarranted dealings with the police. The bottom line is that when you can almost guarantee you're going to catch some **** from the cops based on past experience with them it's very difficult to be courteous and polite.

16. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

Good thing he was found not guilty........

17. battousai

battousai Member

Like I said this case will be dropped. I think both sides are innocent. Alston maybe had a light head that night but not completely drunk, and the police is just doing their jobs.