1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] DWI trial of Rockets guard Alston to begin (UPDATE: Alston not guilty)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DcProWLer277, Oct 22, 2008.

1. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

When was the last time a cop asked you what did you have to eat.

2. battousai

battousai Member

Lets be honest. Alston isn't clean as he stated. He does have attitude problem toward police. Whether we like him or nor, the officer probably wasn't going to arrest him. until he begged the police to do so. It is almost like alston is trapping the police. you either arrest me or let me go.

Police is asking those questions to determine if alston was under the influence or if he's under any drugs. That officer is doing his job by pulling dangerous drivers off the road. Alston owed it to cooperate with the officer.

However, what went wrong was the fact that the police actually filed charges against him for DWI. what they should of done is taken him in and house him overnight til he is sober. Then release him without charges.

This case is going to be dropped. you guys probably watched too much TV about the Miranda rights. The police don't have to read it at the place until they are offically charging him of a crime. The police could of read it at the station while taken his fingerprints and letting Alston know that he is being charged with DWI.

3. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

actually officers do not have to read the miranda rights anymore. They had a case where someone tried to get his case dropped by saying the officer did not read his rights. It got denied and does not require the officers to do it. Learned it in gov't!

4. Mailman

Mailman Member

A trial IS public. The public already has access to that information because when an individual is on trial for the commission of a crime the State (the public) is in charge of the individual's prosecution. You can walk down to the courthouse right now and see our judicial system at work.

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

You are completely missing the point of what I am saying and...

This doesn't belong in this forum.

If you want to discuss why I don't agree with the system the way it is post it in the D&D forum.

6. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

I'd rather watch it on basic cable like Orenthal.

Sadly, "Court TV is now True TV" :(

7. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

I'm almost positive his headlights were not off. Those cars have sensors to turn the headlights on automatically when it gets dark. Thats why Alston was stunned when the cop told him his headlights were off. Alston didn't seem drunk to me, he never lost his balance during the whole thing. The cop was trying to bait him hard but Alston kept his cool until he finally gave up and realized he was fighting a battle he would never win.

Too bad his girlfriend never got out the car, I would've liked to have seen a shot of his girl.

8. rafer11alston

rafer11alston Member

A couple of reasons why Rafer would say he plays for the Rockets.

1) Officer might suspect it's a stolen vehicle.
    2) Maybe he gets off the hook because he's a professional athlete.

Problem is that police love to pull over high-profile people, and they will make a big fuss over nothing.

Anyways it doesn't really seem he was drunk. His speech might have been slurred but come on, he had just come from a party or whatever, he's tired, it's 2:30am

Does Rafer have a new girlfriend? Or is she the mother of his kids but they just haven't married?

9. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

10. Fatty FatBastard

11. Hayesfan

Rusty Hardin.

Apparently the guy is well known.

12. Mailman

Mailman Member

"Screw you, Rusty!"

--Vickie Lynn Marshall

13. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

Since the first time I didn't understand why people called Rafer a fool, he averted all the tests with his fool tricks, that's the nÂș1 evidence of anything.

Question: Was Rafer guilty of any accusation in the past?
    What happened with that 'fight' on a pub? And with the 'sexual harassment'?
    Has any antecedent?

14. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

He sits on the floor for the rockets games, tries to be like Jack N of the lakers hahah....he's also the attorney that represented roger clemens. Actually a very nice guy, have talked to him several times. Glad rafer was found innocent.

15. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Dude screw that cop! He gave me a field test after I left the drake. That guy is a douche, but I passed with flying colors. A-hole cop trying to provoke Rafer. sheesh.

16. Hayesfan

I knew who he was, I was just kidding FFB. :)

17. Fatty FatBastard

Hmm. I don't think Rusty handles DWI cases normally.

18. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

When i watched the video and Alston's attorney preferred to go to trial, I know Alston would be found not guilty. Alston's attorney preferred to go to trial because he knew it's a very weak DWI case.

How could you use that video to prove Alston was drunk?

Alston was smart enough to refuse any breath test or field sobriety tests. Was there any compulsory sobriety tests after the police took Alston in the station?

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

he refused them.

I always thought they could take blood but someone told me that is only when someone is hurt or killed after an accident.

WAY TO GO RAFER!

OUTSMARTED THE COPPERS!

I'll just say I am glad the cop was not white otherwise......

20. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

"Jumbalaya! Rice, beans, sausage!"

Haha