1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Don't rule out a trade despite Rockets' recent run

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 14, 2014.

1. GageD

GageD Member

Nothing new :(

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...s-recent-run-5233958.php?t=56fe95fde7f992f472

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

A lot new.

Rockets had a chance at Bynum but turned it down because they might just keep Asik long term (not a bluff)

The defensive catch and shoot player being a preference. I agree completely

4. Raven

Raven Member

Translated, he's not killing the 2015 cap just to slightly increase the odds this season.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Unless he is well and truly raping the other team(s) in a trade. ;-)-

6. Clarinetmonster

Yup, we need our Durant stopper who can shoot - or rather more accurately our Durant slower downer if we're to have a puncher's chance of escaping the Wild West intact.

7. Play07

Play07 Member

so they did have talks with bynum, I was on to something with my sig & Lee's 2015-2016 was the issue or that trade wouldve been done.

1 person likes this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Because it's better to be no better than a 3 seed during these two seasons, despite the potential of Dwight Howard breaking down, if it means getting a shot at Kevin Love in 2015.

*sigh*

I really, really, really hope Kevin Love PROMISED Harden and Morey on the sly that he'd sign here if we had the cap room.

I was kinda hoping to contend next season. Instead we get Morey's robotic nerd double-speak.

Well, I suspect I'll still be a Rockets fan during the Summer of Love. I've stuck out the marriage this long. If that's what all this is coming down to.

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Excellent.....

10. Play07

Play07 Member

james johnson was a best guy on market for that, has blocked 15 three pointers since being signed with grizzlies. He doenst have the knockdown 3 pointer though. He will still get dirty and not back down on D on the wing.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

When have you heard Morey speak in definites?

There is no way he is just sitting back and waiting for the cow to come to him, he's never done it in the past so why would he become so complacent now?

You guys need to chill, Morey has got this. :cool:

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's going to cost Les/ Morey quite a bit to get someone of that caliber, because Dunleavy is not going to cut it. He has never been a good defender and is not quick enough to keep pace with the better 2 and 3's.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I speak in hyperbole sometimes.

I'm sure it's all good, but I hope Morey comes up with a good solution while essentially keeping the Kevin Love option available.

I just have to roll my eyes at his quotes, with a besumed smile, if just for the fact that he honestly sounds like a mathematics or economics professor attempting to clearly speak a human language.

14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I just like the idea of trying to trade for a wing defender vs that "stretch four" that we keep hearing about. The only stretch four that I would consider would of been Ryan Anderson, but that was just wishful thinking....

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

In Morey I Trust!

16. Play07

Play07 Member

^^.this thats the thing, you can get one of the other really but for an established guy that can do both it will cost you. The guy will only play 15mins really so you don’t want to give up too much, that’s why parsons & harden need to step their game up on D they’re the guys that will be on the floor when it counts.

Brewer can get it done on D but his offense is just bad not just his shot but even getting to the rim. Hungry guys in dleague or over seas are someone morey may look at. Parsons played solid D his 1st year because he wanted playing time. I’m down with seeing what Covington can do he has the size and the 3

17. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Hopefully Morey can pull a rabbit out of his hat. Looks like Omer and Lin will stay. Other teams see that 15M balloon payment and gets turned off I guess, even though it counts as only 8.3M on their cap. Asik does shore up our bench and gives the Rockets an inside presence. As much as people want Lin traded, unless you're getting a clear upgrade at point, he's not getting traded. At the end of the day, both become expiring contracts after the season, with only one year left, which helps the cause to make a big move come 2015.

Looking at the roster, Morey doesn't really have much to trade, outside a DMo. Morey usually likes to stock pile first rounders, but considering how a lot of teams are stingy with giving em up this year, that might be his best asset to trade. A first rounder.

Definitely need a defensive wing who can shoot since Garcia has fell off overnight.

Let's see what happens.

18. Raven

Raven Member

No way to prove it but I think owners are sending a message, you can take it to the bank that they do not want poison pill contracts to become common place. This doesn't mean that Morey is being black balled, but that owners are likely telling the GMs not to trade for Assik or Lin unless the deal is horribly one sided in their favor.

1 person likes this.
  19. hooroo

hooroo Member

It makes keeping Parsons harder though. The right deal now puts the Rockets in better position for 2015 & help lock up Parsons this year.