1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron -Defense on Yao is more like mixed martial arts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by monkeyboy32, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

We should pull a Cuban and send in a tape with every instance of it going on plus a highlighted passages from the rule book.

2. real_egal

real_egal Member

If that English not good enough comment was indeed direct quote, Yao and the Rockets team should file official complaint and call a press conference. That's not pulling a race card, but defending oneself and the integrity of the sports. Any discrimination should be fought head on. On the press conference, we should broadcast a compiled video of that specific referee how he has been officiated Yao in the past, if it's that Tony Brothers.

It's about time. I never bought that stupid too big too difficult to officiate excuse, when 2 big guys are called totally differently just seconds apart.

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I don't think Yao is getting the superstar treating like some other guys such Duncan. I seen Duncan in yesterday game using excessive force on his defender and the foul was called on the defender...and i was like if that was Yao doing THAT...i have no doubt the dumb ass refs will call offensive foul against him. Some of the call against Yao for offensive fouls is ridiculous...it almost seems like they're treating him like a rookie out there. No respect whatsoever. Where as players like James and Kobe and Duncan, they get call in their favor most of the time if the defenders are being aggressive.

4. Vivid

Vivid Member

I don't see it, I mean I know how it looks on paper but I can't say I believe Yao said that. I see it like this- "did you complain" (Reporter-wanting to see what has been done, getting an NBA player to complain) "I did on the court" (Yao- not wanting to look like a complainer, diplomatic answer) "what did they say" (Reporter- trying to pry some insight, may make refs look bad) "they say my English is bad" (they are trying to get me to say something about the refs, I respect the refs and the game, time for a joke in the guise of a complaint...zing) "hahahah.... Come on YAO, ever a straight answer with you!?" "yeah Yao, ain't none of us reporters hear understand a word that's coming out of your mouth."

Something like that, or not. I still think it was in jest and the reporter was using it for duel effect. One, get all the people that at first glance assume the most incredible scenario, Yao pulling "the race card," and a two, a high five to the people that understand it was a joke by the way too wily Yao, and would laugh at how the quote was juxtaposed in the article.

-V

5. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

that's what i thought also, it sound racist

6. Precision340

Precision340 Member

i would hope that there was a lost in translation.. that was so racist if true

7. BetterThanEver

Been there done that. JVG did it and so did Adelman.

8. yxgemini

yxgemini Member

the grammar teacher ref of course will deny it if Yao files a formal complain. sth like “I only said I didn't hear him clearly." so it is no use.

please just get pissed on court and show it with action, Yao. I wanna see a furious Yao instead of a frustrated one.

9. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

Is this a english interview or just translation?
    Yao was probably telling a joke, however it is true that refs flat out ignored his complains.

10. landryfans

landryfans Member

next season, Yao's primary goal should be establish fair treatment during regual season.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I really hope that was a joke on the part of Yao about a ref telling him his English wasn't good enough. I don't like to call racism but if something like that really happened I don't see how that can't be called racist.

My view on this is if the refs are going to call the game like this we should counter by having Chuck Hayes and Dorsey grab and scratch Aldridge, Oden and Pryzbilla whenever they try to establish post position. If that is the game is played then that is the way the game is played.

12. bugzpodder

bugzpodder Member

Yao should jam his elbow into the throat of Oden

13. Commodore

Commodore Member

what we really need is a video montage of this happening, otherwise it just looks like typical complaining

14. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Member

Professorjay quoted this, but I think it is worth saying again. I don't believe I have ever heard an NBA or college coach say this. Maybe Yao needs to screw the low and high post, and take the Zen Post. Is Adelman going eastern philosopher on us? Maybe Yao has become too Americanized! Calling Big Chief Triangle, you have competition.

Adelman is probably implying a lot of strategic things in this statement that I'm not going to get, but the way I see this panning out is Yao getting the ball more often, but further out. Don't know what else it could mean.

15. choujie

choujie Member

This is the place I like JVG more than Adelman. I don't see RA comes out to stick to his player.

Phil Jackson and Pat Riley are the two best at getting those kind of things into public and benefit from that, those things are crucial to championships.

16. BetterThanEver

Yao tells alot of "american" jokes. It might be hard for chinese to know, but Yao says funny stuff like that all the time.

17. landryfans

landryfans Member

American culture gonna force a good guy (Yao) to be a bad guy (Deke, how many victim under his elbow?), and called it "tough". :mad:

18. landryfans

landryfans Member

I got it, people enjoy come to Colosseum and watching violence while too scare to catch a rat.

19. RocketsFan41

RocketsFan41 Member

Nice one. LOL Two-faced demons like you cause the Rockets to lose games. No wonder we never win championships, bad karma.

Don't be a cunning manipulative spider. Spiders get squashed eventually. And they eventually get caught up in their own web.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I can't believe his wife would scratch him like that! She should be in jail... she's a damn Yaoist!!! :mad: