1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron.com] Meet the New Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sooner423, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

<embed src="http://services.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f8/716758716" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1417338490&playerId=716758716&viewerSecureGatewayURL=https://services.brightcove.com/services/amfgateway&servicesURL=http://services.brightcove.com/services&cdnURL=http://admin.brightcove.com&domain=embed&autoStart=false&" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Green sounds smarter than what we hear about. I guess maybe the guy can read.

3. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Interesting comments about about the difference between young teams and experienced teams.

Basically both guys said this team is in it to win it and it shows ...as opposed to their previous team. Esp interesting about NO cause they are a good team too but they lack maturity.

4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Green hasnt been with any veteran leaders. Im glad he is seeing this first hand how it is.

Interesting comments by Jackson. I see him being the vocal leader of this team.

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I've been saying that he caries himself very well in interviews. Just because you failed some classes in high school doesn't make you a r****d. This is basketball, not calculus.

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah, maybe that was the reason why Green didnt "get" it in the last two teams. I will give him the benifit of doubt right now.

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Green is #25? What a slap in the face to Mike Wilks...

I'm playing, but there goes the chance of seeing Robert Horry back in a Rocket uniform

8. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

seeing Gerald stand next to Deke in the video, i had no idea he was as tall as he is. he's definitely got good size.

9. tsunami

tsunami Member

which classes he failed in HS ?

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Not sure. Somebody here said that he had failed off his original HS team which is why he transfered to the school in Galveston.

Good to see Deke helping out the youngster. Deke looks like one of our coaches out there. :D

11. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

12. tsunami

tsunami Member

lol Deke sure is....

13. AggieRocketFan96

He seemed taller to than I expected during the dunk contest, believe he is listed at 6'8", his size and athleticism may be enough to give him about 6 min per game starting out.

14. playlife

playlife Member

I really hope that Green will work hard now since he's in a veteran team and help the team in the future.

15. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

the only thing that says for sure is that an education was not a big priority for him. it really proves nothing of his learning ability. i'll wait and see for myself.

16. madmaxu

madmaxu Member

Damn, these two guys sure sound EXCITED to be with the Rockets. :rolleyes:

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I dunno, I heard he was so stupid he sold his HS car for gas money.

18. DreamRoxCoogFan

Gulf Shores (where Green went to HS) is the biggest joke of a HS I have ever seen. just about every HSer knows that if u need to take some course over the summer and just need a grade and not learn, you take it there. its hardly an institution of learning.

19. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

I like Anna's new hair color. She looks hotter!

:D

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I think that school has shut down now.

Anyways, I don't care how dumb or smart the dude is as long as he can ball. If I want to watch smart guys I'll watch chess or something.