1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Chuck Hayes close to signing with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Jul 21, 2015.

1. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Nobody is saying they can't, long-term. But for 2015-2016, Chuck Hayes fits the Rockets needs and goals better while Harrell develops in the D-League.

2. jbasket

jbasket Member

Sign the man!

Simmons:

Source

#262 jbasket, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Agreed!

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I agree too. Players like Hayes and Terry can contribute even when they're not getting minutes, by bringing leadership, maturity, experience, discipline to the team.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yep, Hayes and Terry are great in the lockerroom and worth signing for the min on that alone.

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

Seconded (or thirded, I guess). We have a lot of guys in their early twenties, Harden os still very young, and Lawson just got into trouble. Our oldest guys are probably Ariza and Dwight, the former is not that old and the latter is too laid back to be a veteran leader. Real rcharacter/mentor guys are just what we need for our end of the bench

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins">@calvinwatkins</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/752337680">@752337680</a> I'm confused what's the hold up can you please explain it to me?</p>&mdash; Jackson (@JacksonL2Trill) <a href="https://twitter.com/JacksonL2Trill/status/625815787295473664">July 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I saw Chuck Hayes this morning at the hospital in the medical center. Physical?

No pics bro.

9. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Kinda wish we could find room for Mike Miller along with Hayes and Terry. Three leaders who can actually contribute in little spurts of time.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

I am fine with ONE of those type of players (vet leadership), I am only questioning the need for TWO end of the bench leaders. And out of those two, I would rather go with Terry. Team continuity should be taken into account.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Hayes does have that big butt.. Great for keeping the bench warm for active on court teammates.

12. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Same here. Terry should be our best bet.

Has a title under his belt. Older. Not afraid to call teammates out. Chuck doesn't seem like the vocal type.

Please Morey, re-sign Terry!

#272 vstexas09, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Plus at this point Terry is more of a necessity for the team than Chuck.

14. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Having smart, strong, defensive-minded third string veteran big that can give you six hard fouls and destroy another team's rhythm has value. This team needs a bruiser. I miss having guys like Charles Jones and Antoine Carr on the team. The Chuckwagon can fill that roll in spades.

15. basketballholic

So another spot-up 3-point shooter is a greater need than a defender/rebounder at the 4/5??

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

chuckwagon's wife (who lives in houston) is scheduled to have twins later this year, so undoubtedly he wants to be here and ball is basically in DM's court. i'm just not sure if we'd be getting anything close to the chuck from 6yrs ago or a heavier slower washed-up version...

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

A little too big lately from what I saw last season.

He needs to get in better shape.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

if I'm picking between the two, it's gotta be chuck (assuming he's not washed up). other than Dwight, we don't have a solution for griffin/LMA in the post. I'm not saying he's on the court every time those guys are, but it would be nice to have a guy that can get them out of their rhythm.

19. basketballholic

That's the way I see it.

And there's still room to sign Terry. But I actually think we'd be better off using Terry in a sign-and-trade and then bringing in an even better option than him for a 3rd point guard.

20. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

Probably been said in this thread already but worth repeating, Chuck was the locker room leader when he was here before...especially during the win streak. Having that kind of presence in the locker room and on the court (especially practice court) is invaluable to this team right now.