1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Chris Paul on Rockets and Mike D'Antoni's offense: 'I love it'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Nov 30, 2017.

1. threepointshot3

Whats not to like

2. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

I think part of that is before, when things would be stuck, Harden would force it. Now, he can often dump off to Paul and just let Paul handle it.

3. tikwanleap

tikwanleap Contributing Member

Harden's lazy behind-the-back passes to Anderson always bugged me. It would rarely be on target and Anderson would have to bend down to catch the pass making it harder for him to getting into his shooting motion.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Honesty, on the offensive side of the court, I'm not sure I've seen Chris Paul even break a sweat yet in this offense.

He looks like Doctor Strange out there controlling everything with his mind.

In NO & LAC dude would be dribbling and dribbling, working his ass off, sweating, crying for fouls, flailing around all over the place, now he's like sipping tea and racking up 10 assists while sitting down.

Harden will check out of the game, you leave to grab a beer, and by the time you come back we're up 25, Capela is gasping for air, but CP3's body temp is like 96 degrees and he already has 7 assists and -1 turnover.

felixng2012, Plowman, D-rock and 16 others like this.
  5. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

This Rockets team just has so many weapons compared to what he had on the Hornets and LAC.

Chris Paul basically has a lot of shiny tools/toys at his disposal. Clippers never had shooters like this. DJ and BG clogged the paint.

Harden is an MVP level player, CP3 has never played with a player anywhere near his level. Mike D is the perfect coach offensively and the Rockets acquired nice defensive players that can also shoot.

RudyTBag, D-rock, djperm and 2 others like this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Rockets shot chart:

[​IMG]

7. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I noticed this as well. Chris Paul is not even trying out there. Where are the foul crying and arm flailing? Rockets are destroying teams out there and Paul is not even breaking a sweat.;)

napalm06, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

@ashleyem

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

btw: Ryan's 77.3% shooting is 17-22 on threes from passes by Paul.

In 6 games with Paul including GSW. (Note, Ryno missed the DEN game).
    • Paul 17-22 = 77.3%
    • Harden 5-15 = 33.3%
    • Other 2-9 = 22.2% (this includes attempts where no assist would have been given)

D-rock and djperm like this.
  10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

No he must shoot 77%

hakeem94 and Pen15clubber like this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Seems like a lot of the passes from CP3 are at chest level in transition or when CP is probing the lane. It is an easy catch and shoot for RA. Harden does a lot of PNR where he does BOUNCE passes where RA has to take his eye off the basket to gather the ball and then shoot it.

It is the little things like that that can make the difference.

12. s3ts

s3ts Member

Lebron dominates the ball. He is their PG. He cannot be the PG here, our back court is already #1. If he wants to do what KD does, fine. But that's somewhat limited and Lebron isn't that kind of player.

I got nothing against Lebron coming here, he just needs to change his game is all.

RudyTBag likes this.
  13. mockster

mockster Member

I agree but I think Paul taking on more playmaking responsibilities helps harden from making more TOS when constantly trying to create.

djperm likes this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Not saying you are wrong. Just saying I think LeBron would concede stats for guys getting him to the playoffs.

LeBron/D-Wade/Bosh all had to accept concessions.

LeBron/Irving/Love all had to accept concessions.

LeBron was use to playing well for two games and then letting Kyrie carry the team for 3 games.
    Cavs struggled early. This year that was absent (due to Kyrie trade and I Thomas is not ready
    to play). LeBron came to accept responsility and has taken on the burden of carrying the
    Cavs (Love has pitched in recently). Thus the 10 game winning streak or so; but LeBron is
    working “far” greater than he wants to right now. How long can he keep it up?

Every year we hear the media harp on how old LeBron is. How many mins he logs in year after year due to playoffs.
    How he is the most deserving player on the planet to rest in December.....and visit an old workout gym in Miami
    while working out with D-Wade. Friends go a long way for friends. CP3 is a great friend of LeBrons.

Just a matter of convincing the wifey of delaying a move to L.A. for a year to check out this Houston thing
    with his great friend CP3. The same CP3 that LeBron says they dream about playing with one another on the
    same team. Same team not named USA national team.

Regardless of what you say......CP3 is on a one year rental as he is a free agent at seasons end. I’m loving
    his comments about loving his time so far in the D’Antoni scheme and with the Rockets. Guarantee LeBron
    is hearing it likewise.

To me Draymond is the x-factor in a Rockets vs Warriors dual this year (gap looking closer as
    the season goes on). LeBron has to know he neutralizes Draymond next year, if with the Rockets.
    So he can join Houston with a great chance to beat the Warriors or stay with Cleveland and get to the finals
    and lose. IThomas will always be victimized by the Warriors as a defensive liability. Celtics had the best
    record in the East last year; but the Cavs forced a switch to IT (mostly LeBron) defensively and Boston never
    really stood a chance in their PO series. Warriors will do the same.

#54 ApacheWarrior, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    D-rock and s3ts like this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

16. hakeemthagreat

Essential we have Steve Nash & Steve Nash 2.0 in Harden. Both have Nash qualities but both are better in different aspects

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Can you explain what can't be learned here? Clearly Harden has vision that can't be taught, so I'm at a loss here. Do you think he can't learn to be more accurate through practice? Do you think he can't line up the laces? What are we talking about here?

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

It may not be something that can be taught to the average player.

But it may be something that can be picked up by a great player when they get to watch someone who does it up close.

CP3 and LeBron both do this and I'd be willing to bet one of them picked it up from the other, as they are good friends.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

My guess is the life long point guard (a.k.a. Point God) “passed” it on to LeBron.

Has anyone spotted Harden and CP3 hanging out together? Say, I don’t know, Astros games or such?

Concerts/charity venues?

I’m just saying

#59 ApacheWarrior, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    DonKnock likes this.
  20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

James/Chris

https://images.complex.com/complex/...mezxxo1id/chris-paul-james-harden-drew-league

Chris Paul: James you know what I’m looking at on the court?

James Harden: the Pick-n-Roll execution?

Chris Paul: well that too; I’m looking at how the passer is delivering the ball to the shooter in stride....
    seems the way they like it

James Harden: Cool, how can I practice that?

Chris Paul: a wall and a ball, man

#60 ApacheWarrior, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017