1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Brooks out of boot !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 23, 2010.

1. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I give this team until mid-January to get healthy and try to get back into the playoff picture.

If by then we're still struggling despite being healthy, then at that point I will vote in favor of dismantling this team, and reconstruct. Which starts by cashing in some of our big assets mainly Luis Scola and Kevin Martin for young players and draft picks. And have the young players play out the rest of the season and develop.

If we could get our hands on some young center's (ex:Aldrich, Thabeet) in exchange for Scola or Martin, I would be inclined to play that young center(s) and start him next to Hill and see them develop. This of course would mean that you would just let Yao expire, and maybe, if his willing, resign him to a reasonable much smaller contract(4-6 mill range).

--RB

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would settle for 18.

:)

DD

3. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Can't wait to get those 2 guys back.

4. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

One of the dead spots in my heart just came to life!

5. Felece

Felece Member

We need to Bring back Landry,Rafer,T-Mac and Deke... Heck Steve Novak too if we wanna have a chance

6. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

LOL...I just want to get rid of Martin.

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Glad to hear he is recovering. While I have my differences with other fans regarding his role, he is still critically needed and it will be good to have him back!

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It will be interesting to see if Brooks can return and get this team back on the losing track they were on when he was around. All jokes aside, I hope the guy can help but before the injury I thought he was one of the bigger problems so we'll see.

9. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I thought his defense was a necessary evil but even with him out the defense hasn't improved as much as one would think. Granted Lowry hasn't been full force either. But then again, he wasn't full force when Brooks was in the first few games. I want both of those guys at 100% so we can see what we really have.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'll agree with you on this. I also thought the Rockets' D would improve with Brooks out but I'm not seeing it either. I'm quite convinced that Aaron Brooks has no business starting on a top tier team in the NBA but I'm rapidly beginning to believe that Lowry is not either.

I'm not sold on the AB/Lowry combo at all. Two one-dimensional players at one position just doesn't work even if their strengths compliments the other guy's weakness.

11. arjun

arjun Member

LOWRY
    martin
    BATTIER
    scola
    HAYES

the players in caps are suppose to be our defensive guys....they have been starting for the last few games and haven't shown jack ****....cant wait for brooks n yao to return

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It doesn't matter how good your defensive guys are when you don't have anyone protecting the rim and a starting back court that has no interest in playing defense.

I've always thought Lowry was a good defender but never a great one. I really like him as a player but I never thought he was someone you could count on to lock down the better PGs in the league.

13. sw847

sw847 Member

hey dd...i am not arguing with you here...and i love ab...

but personally i don't think AB is our answer right now. We are not stinking it up on the offensive end. It the defence that's the problem for us.

Definitely would benefit if Yao comes back (if ever). But I don't think AB will make us that much better than we are not. We will still be a sub par team who are only good for a 10-12 spot in the west. Obviously I am not saying AB is less/more important than Yao. its just that our defence is really bad right now.

Personally i would still prefer kyle to start than brooks. We can't afford to have our 1 and 2 spots to be that bigger a hole on defence.

14. albuster

albuster Member

You are right. I have pointed out, since last year and the off season, that our pg position was weak and we needed to upgrade that more than any other position. Maybe few saw what I saw so there we have it, the weakness is glaring now, but only after it became more pronounced because of the team's horrid start.
    I really like Ish. He was running the team well last night when he was abruptly pulled out for Lowry and all hell broke loose again after that. He needs polishing and more experience, but I would venture to say that he is already more effective than Lowry on both sides of the court at this point.

15. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

so we're still f'd against the lakers on the 1st. awesome.

16. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

this team with brooks is a 0.50 team, the question will always be if Yao will be able to contribute.....

without these two, we are what the record says we are.

17. highlander3128

Even with Yao and Brooks playing in the early part of the season, we were still losing games.

I can see a 22 games losing streak is a more realistic achievement. You guys are really optimistic.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Exactly, they are a little better than .500 team with health and no Yao....

The hope was that adding a healthy Yao made them a top 3 team in the WC.

Unfortunatly, neither AB nor Yao has been healthy.

DD

19. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Yeah, and Brooks' backup wasn't healthy, and the team was still trying to figure out Yao(which they will be again once he returns.)

Oh and the teams they played with those 2 on the floor together had a combined record of like 22-4 or something. So again, I call sample size.

20. Roxs-Redemption

Try not sprang your ankle again...