1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Brooks out of boot !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 23, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Looks like he could be back in about a week and a half

Aaron Brooks arrived in the Rockets' locker room with shoes on both feet for the first time since his Nov. 6 sprained ankle, prompting Yao Ming to shout, "No boot."

"We're in a race," said Brooks, who was cleared to remove the protective boot on his left foot Sunday. "We're neck and neck. Maybe we'll come back together."

If Brooks can come back at the earliest projected time, it would Dec. 4 against Chicago. If Yao comes back in his minimum rehab time, it would be the previous day, though he is expected to need time to work on his conditioning.

Hoping to come back as soon as he is cleared, Yao has been running on an Alter-G treadmill that controls the amount of weight he puts on his feet.

"Two weeks, three days ago," Yao said. "I'm counting the hours
    -------------------------------------------------

Only 6 more games to go....

DD

2. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

Good Find DD :grin:

glad to see brooks recovering

3. hotdamn

hotdamn Member

Finally, we need a creator on offense and a go to guy down the stretch.

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Until he comes back we will be like 3-21.

5. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Dude stop being so negative!! There is no space on clutchfans for ppl like you!! :rolleyes:

Mark my words!! we'll be 4-20! :grin:

1 person likes this.
  6. bratna8

bratna8 Member

These guys need to ****in put some duct tape on those ankles and play.....WTF we're 3-10.....other teams aren't going to wait for us to heal.

7. DaDakota

6 games between now and his return, the worst we could be is 3-16, let's hope we can sneak a couple of wins between now and then.

And hope that AB comes back in full health and not tenative.

DD

8. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Oh god. 6 more games >__________<

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

The worst part of this long term is that they could come back to make us competitive and miss out on the best lottery picks but we still miss the playoffs. We need to start getting good now so if that happens we have a chance to sneak in.

10. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

8-11 Hopefully.

11. gah

gah Member

Not to be negative, but the creepy thing is that with a complete roster we are still winless at 0-5, our issues have been there from day one, thats what scares me.

12. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

that's way overrating the team

3:16.

How did we even win 3 games? Good old days.

13. DaDakota

Nah, we were in all of those games and it was against really good competition.

I think we would be around .500 if everyone was healthy, and surging....we would not be losing to Washington, and Toronto, and Phoenix with AB in the lineup....

Confidence is a fickle thing, AB makes perimeter shots, more than anything that is what we are missing....

And Yao provides the defense at the rim......2 vital things.....

Not to mention they are our only go to guys in the 4th.....

DD

14. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Dont you get it?
    Doesnt matter if we have Yao and Brooks back, pt are not distributed equally by Muddleman. We simply cant close out games and getting stop during critical moments .

We were down by double digits today and we made a run got within 2 then got they made a run and were down again by double digits -_- made another last min run again which gout us close with that Kmart wide open threes ....

My point it we suck on D so bad that our bigs had to gurad Nash and made a serious run before running out of gas and cant get stops .....

Ericka Dampier is laughing his ass off.

15. DaDakota

The question is not whether I get it, it is whether you get it.

The team is missing 2 of it's best players, please tell me any team that can win when 2 of it's top 3 players are not on the floor.

Not to mention it is our only consistent rim protector in Yao, and our only guy that can create a quality shot lat in games in AB.

They are our 2 most important players, everyone else falls into a different role when they are playing.

Kyle gets to go back to being energy guy off the bench, Scola has more room to hit that elbow jimmie due to the attention Yao gets.

AB takes pressure off our guys to score because he can score in bunches himself.

WE NEED THESE GUYS !!!

DD

16. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

It's going to be bittersweet to have them come back if we're 3-16. Nice to see them again, but at that point.. it's the point of no return. Just lose, baby. AB and Yao will come back to ensure our Patrick Patterson draft spot.

17. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Yeah. Even when we are 3-12 at the time Brooks arrives it is allright I guess. Cause Brooks will make us go and we can count on another 22 game winning stream :rolleyes:

It is not like I am Brooks' hater. I love him as a person and as a player but I don't think he will make that big difference. Really.

18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Good post. Our chances of making postseason now seem to be slim. I can even say it is safe to say we will not make playoffs.

Now the question is. Do you want to be that 9th-10th seed or it would be better to be that 13-14th seed and get higher draft pick.

19. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

we were losing with or without brooks.

20. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Thunder beat Celtics and another team without Durantula but have lots of defensive minded players with size
    Heat win the new so called big three got whooped by Indiana without Haslem ....

Now they signed Erica away from us ......
    I wonder why we kept JT just for him to suck on the bench .....

What does that tell you?

We need D and size