1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron Blog] Adelman: The biggest guy was Chuck

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Oct 15, 2009.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Dang it, this is a "praise for Hayes" thread, not a "DD English foibles" thread. Let's stay focused.

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Poor durvasa we've derailed his thread.

I think people will always overlook Chuck's contributions because they aren't the "shiny baubles" of stats. (if you get that television reference you can be my new best friend)

He's sort of like background music at a party, you know it's there but you really don't pay attention to it until everyone is silent at the same time, which rarely happens.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Chuck Hayes : 2009-2010 Houston Rockets

=

[​IMG]
    : 2002 Oakland A's

4. iball

iball Contributing Member

That's just beautiful.

5. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

chuck hayes defended pau gasol and andrew bynum like noone's business. we can compete against any team with any big man as long as hayes is in the middle.

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Chuck Hayes is a great defensive player, that is known for everyone. My question is that if the biggest guy was Chuck, then are we going to have problems when we play Lakers or Spurs who both have seven tall big men? I saw Andersen was very soft so far, Adelman seems to have no love for Dorsey, is Pops a solution?

7. Hayesfan

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/blog...s-new-book-and-calderons-role/article1326489/

1 person likes this.
  8. RockeTexans22

RockeTexans22 Member

Chuck is the greatest. I love having him on our team.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I would rather watch Hayes blow a layup than watch our interior defense get chewed up from fouls and letting opponents loose for dunks and momentum swings. Chuck's +/- numbers speak for themselves.

11. Carl Herrera

12. Hayesfan

Would you think less of me if I said yes? I also get some very nice articles about flowers.

13. Carl Herrera

The Chuck Hayes Gardenia?

I won't think less of you because my Tivo is set up to automtically record all games broadcast by Jeff Van Gundy. :p

14. Hayesfan

There is also some articles about a college football player named Chuck Hayes who is unfortunately out for the rest of this season due to an injury.

I never thought of tivo'ing JVG! I would do it to, I always learn something when I listen to him broadcast.

15. Carl Herrera

Of course, the auto-Gundy-recording does pick up some unintended stuff, too...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aoMmbUmKN0E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aoMmbUmKN0E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

16. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Just grateful to have seen my beloved Rockets since I live in Calgary... I enjoy watch Chuck does on D... I just wish he could develop an offensive game that required the D to pay attention.

No doubt though, when we need stops in the 4th Qtr or whenever we can get them with Chuck, Scola, Pops, Trevor, Shane, or Kyle. Our defense will be a lot better than people think

17. chinese

chinese Member

Follow your logic, Yao always play big and Brooks can never play strong. :->

1 person likes this.
  18. chinese

chinese Member

Chucky is always left open on offensive end.

19. redao

redao Member

People tend to ignore this point because Battier will always shoot 90%.

1 person likes this.
  20. alethios

alethios Member

Complexity: d - The use of wine tasting descriptors allow the taster an opportunity to put into words the aromas and flavors that they experience and can be used in assessing the overall quality of wine. ...

So Chuck is like fine wine? or two-buck Chuck? Hayesfan would take either, I'm betting.