1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Astros, Rockets set to finalize deal for TV network

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets934life, Oct 29, 2010.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Try looking in the sports section, 600-700... there's a bunch of them.

It surprises me that some of you don't know these channels exist yet you know FSN exists on DirecTV because it's all in the same area.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

I KNOW all about the sports channels in the 600s. We get the FSN channels as part of our base package. Dallas sports are on FSSW and Houston sports are on FSH. I don't get any of the Comcast SportsNet channels (630s & 690s). If you have the NBA League Pass package, then you get the NBA games in the 600s. However, if they move the Astros and Rockets to Comcast SportsNet, then we won't get them without having to subscribe to the Sports Package which is what we are concerned about because that package contains a lot of stuff we simply aren't interested in and represents an additional cost.

3. rockets934life

I think you are talking about DTV's sports package that gets you all the different out of state regional sports channels and I do think some comcast channels exist in that package. I can see it being offered as part of the sports package along with a small but noticeable increase will probably take place to make up for the cost of having the channel placed into his lineup.

Like I mentioned above, as long as the HD is up to par with the other comcast stations across the US and there are NO interruptions in service for contract negotiations, I'd be willing to pay for the channel.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Best part of all this is that Rice and UH are getting picked up by Fox Sports to replace the Rockets/Astros.

5. leroy

leroy Member

As long as they have a deal in place w/ Time Warner for Austin, I'm happy with this. It's bad enough to see the transition here towards the stRangers. If they cut off telecasts here, it will be over for the Astros in Central Texas.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

until the astros are better and the rangers suck again.

7. Uprising

Uprising Member

Not sure what to think of this. I was worried about it in the past when it seemed inevitable. I have DirectTv now too.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens, and how much extra (if any) it'll cost.

8. DLRoxFan92

DLRoxFan92 Member

Good thing that the change won't happen for a couple of years. At least NBA TV is on AT&T Uverse now (channel 632, HD 1632)!

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

I guess I misinterpreted what he was saying. I thought he was saying that DirecTV didn't carry the channels at all. Yeah, it is part of the Sports Pack which is $12.99 I believe.

IMO, I think the HD is better than FSN's from what I have noticed between our games and the Wizards/Celtics games.