1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron article] Machado’s playmaking ability could provide depth behind Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mirus, Oct 5, 2012.

1. YaosDirtyStache

You win the award for worst post of the day. Machado can only outshine a dull turd, because he surely will never outshine Lin. As much as I am not the biggest Lin fan I know he is 300% the PG (hell, even 300% the NBA Quality) Machado will ever be.

2. jbasket

jbasket Member

[​IMG]

3. Strictly LOF

Strictly LOF Member

It wouldn't surprise me if half the team outshone Lin during these practices. Unlike the other PGs, for instance, he's not fighting for a spot in the rotation. While the rookies are showcasing their skills, Lin should be using the entire preseason to work on his weaknesses and also ensure that come game time, he knows how and where best to facilitate his teammates' play on the court.

You think he's got his eye and mind on appearing in ESPN's highlight reels during this period? Puhleeeze...

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

You sir are an idiot.

5. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

LOLOL

Dude's competing for a spot on the roster and will go to the d-league if he makes it. He's not even beating Toney Douglas for backup pg, let alone Jeremy Lin for starter.

Are you trolling?

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You'll change your tune when the season starts. ;)

7. nepopop

nepopop Member

GO MACHADO!!!

Just work hard and earn the job!

He can really change the pace.

8. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

Machado runs the team better than Lin...If you disagree idk what the hell you guys are seeing!....Let the games start and you guys will see it clearly.

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LMAO now watch them take the troll bail in 5...4...3...2...1....

10. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

IMO I believe Ish can do just about everything that Scott can do. They are both PGs that are pass first and that's about it. I don't know how good he will be. He might be a good PG but there's a good reason he went undrafted even though he had better advantage than Lin during the draft.

Lin was overlooked in the draft because IMO of his ethnicity and the school he went to. But I don't think Scott has the potential Lin has but I could be wrong which I doubt it. Scott was in my eyes pretty much average in the summer league. But when Lin was playing in the Summer league his first time, he was tearing it up. Lin was actually a standout player and dominated John Wall when they went head to head in the SL. Scott was ok but wasn't as impressive as I thought he would be.

11. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Pokito, you have not seen any of Lin's games. In fact, you've probably not seen any of Machado's games. So, as you're basing it on these few clips of training camp, can you see how people are flaming you?

12. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

lin BALLED against NBA players intent on stopping him. you might sneak up on teams for a game or two, but LINSANITY was for an extended run. ask MAGIC what he thinks of LIN. is he a superstar? no, not yet at least, don't know that he ever will be but he can PLAY. machado????? we know NOTHING about him.

13. nepopop

nepopop Member

we know nothing about him and still there are plenty of haters here...

just let the kid play, then you hate or not.

14. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

It doesn't matter how well he can run a team when he can't score, defend, isn't athletic enough to get by nba caliber guards, etc. Forget about competing for backup. He is competing for 3rd string PG or even having a roster spot at this point.

15. pnr

pnr Member

To be fair, people were saying that about Lin. But even Lin had to spend a lot of time in the D-League and was cut by 2 teams before any type of insanity happened. And Linsanity was a once in a decade occurence, in the NBA at least. I just find it strange that he was undrafted when he led the NCAA in assists.

16. RocketSat

RocketSat Member

Machado may unseat Lin just like what Dragic did to Lowry (Rocket has the tradition of backup PG usurping starter PG). Doug and Livingston are no threat to Lin's position as Doug is good at defense (among the Houston roster at least) but less skillful in game-making and sometimes make terrible choices on court (which is why Knicks throws him out); and Livingston's age and injury history makes him a weak contender.

Machado's game is similar to Lin. He has the ability/potential based on his performances in colleage. Machado is also ambitious (his attitude is similar to Rondo of Boston). The competition will be interesting to watch. Jeremy Lin needs to watch out. Lin will be passed over if he does not put in enough efforts (he may still start due to his huge fan base but his minutes will be cut and be replaced quickly on court).

Touring China for more than a month during the summer sure consume too much of Lin's time when others are hard at work improving their games throughout summer. It showed during the start of the training camp. The rocket website tries to give him excuses saying that he just recovered from his knee, which is nonsense, his small surgery was way back in April and he himself said he had fully recovered some time ago. I am glad that Machado is putting some pressure on him.

17. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Source please? Thanks.

18. autoprt

autoprt Member

2012 sign ups...

a lot have moved here with lin, i like his story but actually i am a UConn '86 grad and a big fan of Lamb. He will definitely be missed. With UConn players their game translates well to pros and I am thinking he's going be getting major mins by all star break......looking forward to seeing what will happen this year.

19. autoprt

autoprt Member

2012 sign ups...

a lot have moved here with lin, i like his story but actually i am a UConn '86 grad and a big fan of Lamb. He will definitely be missed. With UConn players their game translates well to pros and I am thinking he's going be getting major mins by all star break......looking forward to seeing what will happen this year.

actually from what i saw machado played well along side lin who actually i better off guard which is his natural position.

20. autoprt

autoprt Member

2012 sign ups...

actually from what i saw machado played well along side lin who actually is a better off guard which is his natural position.