1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON] Artest insists all isn’t amiss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fullcourt, Nov 24, 2008.

1. hypnoticpimp

hypnoticpimp New Member

2. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

His shooting will become better as the time is going on, but I like his action as a leader player in the team. He constantly talks to other players on the floor, acts as a leader, and cares every game on every day.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I can only imagine the amount of freaked out reactions we'd get on this board if Rafer Alston said "30% is fine by me."

4. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

I could imagine if T-Mac said he was cool with 30%.

There's either a major double standard here or that 95% of this board is hugging on Artest's nuts or scared of him because he's supposedly a member here.

5. bbjai

bbjai Member

Artest and Mac seem to be working it out, that is good. If those two can develop Chemistry we should be able to work it all out. The Celtics early last season didn't have great offensive chemistry in their game, they just had some crazy defence. I think its working out the same way for us

6. Ready

Ready Member

i agree. Artest just seems like a nice little kid at school..one that gets annoyed by homework however.

7. Hmm

Hmm Member

Alston has yet to shoot better than 41% throughout his entire career.. ?

where's the comparison..?

8. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

That's often the case when a guy was the go to guy on offense for any stretch in his career. I think its hard for guys to understand what's a good shot when a contested 1on1 shot used to be the best they could get for the team. He's been like this his whole career anyway, i wouldn't expect him to suddenly become a guy who only takes the smart shot.

I'm with Ron. I don't care what percentage he shoots as long as he's helping us win. His shooting isn't one of our major problems. ef stats.

9. Hmm

Hmm Member

context..

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Y'all are talking about if rafer and tmac said they're ok with 30%...BUT y'all forgot the second thing Ron said, and that's "IF we're winning". That's the key there, i think his quotes are being taken too literally, its not just the shooting he's talking about, he's really saying he doesn't care if he plays badly as long as they win, but all players say that. It doesn't mean they are saying "if i'm trying my best and I can only do 30%, then i'm fine with that", which is usually what Tmac souds like. That's talking about the highest level you can possibly give at any time, but Ron's talking about those games where you play ugly, but still manage to pull it out, which don't happen every game.