1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Alston taking control, Street-ball star is handed Rockets' reins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GRENDEL, Feb 14, 2006.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

People tend to think of JVG as a defense-only coach, when in reality he's a defense-*first* coach. Big difference.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah sure. When are we going to see some proof of this? :D

3. GrapeJuices

GrapeJuices Contributing Member

I bet if we make it to the playoffs, JVG will be hailed as a God.

Now that everyone is doing what JVG wants them to do, they seem pretty productive to me. They're rotating on defense and pushing like crazy down the court. Exactly what JVG wants them to do. If there's anything to critisize him, it's his inability to make players do what he wanted them to do all along. Or I might be wrong, I'm just assuming from what i've seen from the past few 8 games.

4. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Did you even bother to read the article? The point is that Rafer is not your typical AND1 player (which JVG made mention of in that report) - we know where you are trying to go - you are way too predictable buddy. Rafer is smart player with low turnovers; your Francis is not - that is the difference.

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

heh...kinda coool that right after I make that post, the very next game is a clearcut example of waht I was talking about.

I dont think I have seen a Rockets team run this much in years. God I hope they keep it up. :D

6. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

While Rockets2k is at it, I just thought I'd point out I was right too. ;) With TMac out of his slump, we went from barely winning games to crushing the #4 seed. :cool:

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know, that's why I had to go all the way to page 2 for to bring this thread up. If you ever have to change your SN 'the prophet' might be a good one.

Just for safety's sake maybe you could point something else out that is great that the Rockets do, that goes unnoticed, before Thus. game. Then they will demonstrate that in spades for that one. We still have about 30 games left, so you will really have a lot of different things to look out for, before the season is over.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

We hate players who play like AND1 Players... get it right. :)

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

That's exactly what some of us on this board have trying to convey!

This team was built around having our two allstars on the floor at the
    same time.This really creates havoc for the opposing defense. Having two
    of our players demanding four defenders always leaves two of our players
    with wide open shots. That is a great recipe for success!

10. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

Alston is playing at all-star level. Last night,he is the best. bestter tahn T-amc and Yao. If he continues to play like this, NObody can beat rockets.