1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Adelman: "There's nobody we can't beat."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by doublebogey, Feb 24, 2008.

1. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Thats the way he should think. He have to believe in his team becasue no one else will.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I would like to see Adelman actually beat the Mavs before he starts spanking his monkey and y'all anoint him the cure of all matchup problems.

3. alaskansnowman

The mind boggling thing is that Adelman says the Rockets are "not even close" to running the offense he had originally envisioned. From what I've seen, the Rockets' offense over the last month (aside from some notable collapses here and there) has been a thing of beauty. We seem to be assisting a lot more, making more passes, making more of the right passes, etc.

It's comforting to know that the offensive ceiling is still much higher for this team.

4. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Yeah right, if JVG gets Scola & Landry, he will ask them to shoot jumpers and rebound. JVG will mold them into J-Ho. Hayes will still be on the floor for 24 minutes.

I bet my ass Brooks wont be playing under JVG if he plays like the last couple of weeks. Instead, Adelman still gives Brooks a steady dose of 5-8 mins to keep him going.

U can always add your fantasy and imagination about JVG...coulda, shoulda, woulda. I am not going to argue with you. If you dont understand basketball and dont understand his shortcomings, it's none of my business. You can always keep your JVG fantasy alive.

I watched how he coached the sucker Knickers. His coaching results here in Houston were no surprise to me. I wanted him gone before he started coaching the Rockets.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Wow, just a bunch of ignorance and personal attacks. That shows you lost the argument.

By the way, you know almost nothing about bball compared to JVG. He forgot more about basketball today than you ever learned.

6. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Talking about ignorance? LMAO!

Yeah, I dont know as much bball as JVG. But I do know who can win and who cant. And the same is true that I forget more than you know about basketball.

7. Mr. Clutch

LOL, judging from your posts, I doubt it. Your posts are pretty bad, and I'm just talking about this thread. You can't even defend your argument so you attack others. Nice way to argue.

8. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

what argument do you have?

JVG didnt have talents? Dont even make me laugh. He dug his own grave by mainly shorten to a 7 men rotation. I guess there were 13 players in the roster not including Sura.

Did Novak play under him? I mean the guy who came out and got 10 points in his first 4 shots against the Warriors.

9. Mr. Clutch

LOL, it just gets better.

Yes, he shortened his rotations because he didnt have the talent. One leads to the other.

Yes, Novak, the guy that almost rarely plays under Adelman. I mean wow, he had one game where he got 10 points. That's incredible! He should start over Battier.

10. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

That's my last reply.

Randy Brown, Jud Buechler and Scott Burrell - all of them played for the Bulls championship team. They all were very limited players. Some of them could only shoot and some of them could only run. Most of the time, they only played 5-8 minutes, enough to give startes a breather.

As a coach, you have to play with the hand you dealt with. You need to play enough players and give your main rotation enough breather to finish game and hope for the best to happen. As a coach, you cant say my players suck and let them rotten on the bench.

JVG shortened to a 7 men rotation was his own choice. JVG picked Scott Padgett as his last roster and sat him on the bench, that's his own choice.

Novak should start over Battier? That's a very good part of your post and it shows how your mind works.

Novak can be a good situational player in a short span of time. Under Adelman, he gets his chances. Under JVG, except for the first game, mostly Novak got garbage time. Big difference about utilizing players.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I disagree, Charles Barkley was one of my favorite rockets when he played for us.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Thats right

[​IMG]
    "Hakeem Olajuwon is not walking through that door.
    Clyde Drexler, is NOT walking through that door."

We're in the now, and lets just support the current team

13. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

我西部火?

14. kty

kty Member

It seems to me that there is at least one aspect of Rockets’ game that is not close to what RA had originally envisioned, that is, so far Yao is only effective (or comfortable) playing in the low post, and not very effective playing in the high post. I think the original idea of putting Yao at high post 30-40% of the time in a game is to save his energy/stamina so that he can be more effective or productive down the stretch. It also has the effect of confusing the other team's defense against the Rockets, but this requires Yao to pick up more high-post skills to make it work in real game situations.

15. Panda

Panda Member

You know what's really stupid and hypocritical? Credit JVG for developing Luther Head and Chuck Hayes without crediting Adelman for developing Brooks, Landry, Scola and Novak. Talking about kicking a man down when he's up, all these Adelman haters are annoying. Enjoy now, JVG is a ghost, a piece of the ugly basketball history, RA is now and future. Even when JVG won he won ugly. Don't hate RA and fun basketball.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Mr. Clutch - save yourself the aggravation.

The propensity for the usual suspects and newfound followers to re-write history is well-established and not worth getting into. Just enjoy the winning streak while it lasts.