1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Adelman: "Someone is not going to play."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NIKEstrad, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Good post.

2. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

Thai's the point. Rafer always gets torched by PG from an elite team. We do need SF3 to help us in that case.

3. blender

blender Member

I don't think that's an unpopular view, but then again, maybe it's because i agree with it.

Not sure if that'll be the starting lineup, but I'm pretty sure that's going to be our best lineup. Now if Adelman can just figure out what to do with the rest of the puzzle pieces.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I totally agree, it was a lack of a Plan B, or that the Plan A players got worn out.

Weird that we agree - I feel dirty.

;)

DD

PS. Francis is the one that doesn't fit right now, he has not grasped the moving without the ball element that is essential in the offense.

My guess is he is used only when all else is failing and told to simply attack the rack !

#64 DaDakota, Oct 21, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  5. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

Head also has this issue. He plays horrible against Suns, Spurs, Maverics and Jazz.

6. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

good post carl. its really disgusting to hear people root for this team to fail just because their favorite players arent on the floor, or yao isnt getting in the low post enough. if we win, we WIN. some people can never be satisfied :rolleyes:

7. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

R.ALSTON
    M.JAMES
    S.FRANCIS
    L.HEAD
    B.WELLS
    T.MCGRADY
    S.BATTIER
    C.HAYES
    L.SCOLA
    D.MUTOMBO
    M.YAO

I am guessing those 11 will pretty much get a spot on the roster. Active 12 I don't know.

Just wondering who the remaining 4 will be from this following list.

A.BROOKS
    K.SNYDER
    S.NOVAK
    C.LANDRY
    M.HARRIS
    J.REED
    J.LUCAS
    J.BUTLER

8. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

again relax, francis doesn't grasp the O now does not mean he won't as the season progresses. when he does, alston could be the odd man out. or it might not.

that position will be in limbo all year. it depends on who plays well

right now, francis just is too slow to pick up the O. so he's the odd man out right now.

9. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

So who's Scola in this situation?

10. pchan

pchan Member

I remember Francis used to get torched by other team's no name pg all the time.

11. roxinsider1911

Guys RELAX.

Again like I've pointed in past blogs. It's preseason.

So far the Rockets have looked bad versus a New Orleans Team that most people believe won't even make the playoffs

Good against a Greek team that didn't know the rules.

Good against a team of scrubs from Dallas

And now they've played well against a Sonics team that will battle for last in the West this season.

We haven't been tested.

Rafer is still Rafer. Chuck Hayes is still Chuck Hayes.

When the level of competition is raised to NBA level the same problems we have had will come back to light.

You are putting to much stock into what you are seeing from the starting 5 and certain players getting minutes.

Oh yeah in my previous blog when I said Chuck cant rebound. Dude last season he averaged 6 rpg. That sucks. And for a guy who can't score and his focus is defense and rebounding he needs to have at least 9rpg to compensate for his lack of scoring.

and the statement about me spelling words wrong and what not... It's a blog... It's not a book report... Be anal about the message...not the words...

12. roxinsider1911

Guys RELAX.

Again like I've pointed in past blogs. It's preseason.

So far the Rockets have looked bad versus a New Orleans Team that most people believe won't even make the playoffs

Good against a Greek team that didn't know the rules.

Good against a team of scrubs from Dallas

And now they've played well against a Sonics team that will battle for last in the West this season.

We haven't been tested.

Rafer is still Rafer. Chuck Hayes is still Chuck Hayes.

When the level of competition is raised to NBA level the same problems we have had will come back to light.

You are putting to much stock into what you are seeing from the starting 5 and certain players getting minutes.

Oh yeah in my previous blog when I said Chuck cant rebound. Dude last season he averaged 6 rpg. That sucks. And for a guy who can't score and his focus is defense and rebounding he needs to have at least 9rpg to compensate for his lack of scoring.

and the statement about me spelling words wrong and what not... It's a blog... It's not a book report... Be anal about the message...not the words...

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What blog? This is a message board.

14. darnbni99a

darnbni99a Member

dont look too good for da Franchise

15. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

I think Francis is complacent and not aggressive at all. Like somebody said earlier, the offense runs slow with him. And even now I haven't seen him make a single cut. Head over Francis all the way. Francis can be the second quarter guy when someone sucks.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The way Francis is going...we might need to cut him to make some room. ;)

17. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Hayes played 22 minutes. 6.4 rebounds is good for 22 minutes. You can't just look at that one rebound column and make that assumption. Watch the game or at least understand that that if you play one minute every game and have no rebounds doesn't mean you can't rebound. Realize that Chuck Hayes averages 14.6 rebounds per 48 minutes.

18. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

some ppl only look at stats. :rolleyes:

hayes is a guy u don't look at stats.

i mean, alston is a guy u look at stats on offense. 1-6 sure meant he shot bad. but that included some UNBEARABLE tear drops. one was an airball :(

19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Last year's starting 5 had the best point differential in the entire league, if I'm not mistaken. It was the bench that sucked. That won't be such a problem this year.

20. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

If you shoot enough of them, eventually one of them will go in (see last season's stats - Rafer isn't in the top 10 3-point shooters in Rockets history, much less the best). Clearly, Rafer has proven himself to be the opposite of "clutch". For god sakes, the man can hardly hit an open layup.