1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Adelman: "Someone is not going to play."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NIKEstrad, Oct 21, 2007.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

looks like he kept trying to get the ball to mcgrady and yao. funny you picked this out becuase the other comment I was going to make in the thread is steve actually looked like he had good chemistry witht tmac

still has a problem feeding the post, and he doesn't excute the pick and roll well with yao. he can't just lob it like he did with cato

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was watching R2K's game video of the Sonics and it struck me how much Francis looked out of shape, for Francis. His arms are definitely smaller. He seemed a bit tired and a step slow. Maybe the practices are wearing on him. I don't think Steve is going to see major minutes until he gets in NBA shape again. IMO, he isn't there now.

3. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

he is out of shape, has been for a while now. that knee is causing more problems than people know.

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

no hate, just didn't buy into the HE will lead us to a title hype and that for years he was teflon man around here........

i certainly do appreciate the coming here to play a role rhetoric, however right now what is that role that actually helps this team win???? please answer this pgabby.......

if he plays a role here in a successful team then it is great for the rockets and also great for Steve's legacy which has taken a beating since he left here.

5. cavevato

cavevato Member

So when Steve says "They were in their zone", who is they? Was he talking about the Sonics playing the zone, therefore there was nothing there offensively for him? Or, there was nothing there offensively for him, but in contrast, "they", (they being the rest of the Rockets)were in there zone (relative to him). I took it as if "they" was referencing the Rockets, but since it was after playing the Supersonics( who played alot of zone defense) The other person says Francis was talking about them "in their zone" for the reason for his struggles offensively. I dunno. Im confused :confused:

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

scorer off the bench

who was that last season btw

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

well, it could be the sonics, never thought about it. but like I said, he was feeding mcgrady, but the zone prevented him from penatrating

interesting question

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

and before smeg says bonzi, how many games is he going to play. the only "dependable" score off the bench is james.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

it amazes me that some have a problem with having a guy of his caliber, and if he doesn't work out, he's not going to play. low risk, high reward. he can't disrupt chemistry, because if doesn't play, he's irrelevant.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Is this something that flared up after his putback slam? That play got me thinking he still had major hops and his athleticism could help us.

11. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

It's a wste of time to hold a grudge about something that happened 3 or 4 years ago. Until this team actually starts playing real game we don't know WHAT role ANYONE on this team has, let alone Francis. I don't think Francis cares about his legacy. Really, no one cares about his legacy, we just want this team to win. It's just a waste of time and energy to pick out a whipping boy and say "well I don't like him because of this 4 years ago".

12. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

We won because Horry moved to the 4 AND Chucky was a good role player.

13. Rocket 914

Rocket 914 Member

Other alternatives could be:

1) Not play the same guys on back to back nights and also depending on match ups. So some guys are fresher and serve as energy guys off the bench and are still prepared to contribute in the playoffs or in case of injuries.

2) Play everybody for short spurts, particularly PGs to constanly put pressure on ball carriers of opponents - not really to force turnovers but to wear them out and kill a 2-3 seconds off their clock and disrupt their rhythm. But I know Adelman doesn't like more than a 9 player rotation so this prob won't happen.