1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron] 610 still rules over 790

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, May 8, 2006.

1. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Todd Wright? I like him cause he's a hockey guy, even though I'm not a hockey guy myself, I have respect for him.

But whatever happened to Rick Baloo? That guy rocked

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think Colin Cowpatch is awful. He must think all listeners are complete morons. I assume that's why he feels the need to repeat the same point 10-15 times over a 15 minute period from 9:00 to 9:15. He also is too focused on the Yankees, Red Sox and A-Rod. ESPN must have told him his ratings were poor in the Northeast. He also goes off on these philosophical tangents that have nothing to do with sports. It's as if he's some wise sage with worldly wisdom we all need to hear. Another thing is he discusses or jokes about personal events in his life way too often, as if anyone cares about them. For me, this is one of the biggest turn-offs in radio. It let's me know the host is full of himself.

IMO, the only thing his show is good for is the Spanning the Globe segment, which is the best 5-6 minutes of radio sports you can get in Houston. Right now, that is the only sports radio I listen to in the morning before work. John the Buffoon and Lance Z are almost unbearable now.

3. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

where is rick ballou now?

4. Faos

Faos Member

I'm not sure, but he was licking the Mavs 'nads during the playoffs this year.

5. Faos

Faos Member

Don't know but I found this via Google:

Finally we hope the best sports talk show host from a gambler’s standpoint, Rick Ballou, formally of Sportingnews Radio lands on a radio station we can listen to on the internet. SNRN was forced to let all their top talent go in a cost cutting measure, but nobody has a better handle on college football than Rick.

http://www.eog.com/news/industry-news.aspx?id=1680

6. Xenon

Xenon Member

For those that were still wondering about this, Rick Ballou is in Jacksonville on ESPN1460.

http://www.espn1460.com/schedule.aspx