1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] 2008 MVP? No brainer -- it's Bonzi.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ivanbbss, Jun 25, 2007.

1. ivanbbss

ivanbbss Member

Our long national nightmare is over.

Bonzi Wells is back with the Rockets and now the good times roll.

This time there will be no root canals during training camp. No personal leaves of absence. No extra weight that makes him look like a float in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade.

Bonzi is in the best shape of his career. We know this because his agent said so.

He is a man on a mission. He is going to have the best season of his career. His agent said that too.

There is no question that when the Rockets signed Bonzi on the eve of training camp last year, they figured they were getting a bargain. Now imagine how much of a steal it will be next season when he actually plays? Kinda like buying one of those dogs-playing-poker velvet paintings and finding a Rembrandt hidden underneath.

Of course, it was all Jeff Van Gundy's fault that Bonzi didn't get a chance to shine last season. It was personal. It was a vendetta. It was all because Bonzi wouldn't give Van Gundy one of those really cool headbands to wear on the sidelines to keep the two or three hairs out of his eyes that was behind all of their problems.

Now Rick Adelman is on the scene and that means Bonzi is sitting there on the launchpad like a space shuttle at Cape Canaveral just waiting to take off. After all, they have a long a harmonious history. Part of one season together in Sacramento. That glorious playoff series against San Antonio, which they lost.

Yao can't stop Carlos Boozer in the paint in the playoffs? Don't worry. Bonzi will take care of it.

T-Mac can't bother to show up for the first half of Game 7 at home? Don't worry. Bonzi will carry the load.

Would the Rockets have spent the last decade wandering in the post-season desert without a single series win since 1997 if Bonzi had been here sooner? Wouldn't they have benefitted from the leadership he showed in Portland, where he threatened to punch out a referee on the loading dock? Wouldn't they have been lifted to greater heights by the player who was banned by the head coach from even entering the arena in Memphis?

Make no mistake about it. I was all for the Bonzi deal a year ago. At those prices, the Rockets couldn't afford not to sign him and give it a whirl. And I was all for Van Gundy giving him more opportunities last season.

Now I'm just gonna hop on the Bonzi Express with everybody else and wait for him to carry the Rockets to the parade next June. After I cast my Bonzi vote for the 2008 MVP Award, maybe he'll let me ring the bell on the lead firetruck.

Let the Lakers deal with their Kobe problem. Let the T-Wolves find a suitable place to ship KG. Let the Spurs worry about Tony Parker's energy level after the honeymoon.

We can put our feet up and take the rest of the summer off.

In Bonzi We Trust.

http://blogs.chron.com/franblinebury/2007/06/2008_mvp_no_brainer_its_bonzi.html

2. koopa

koopa Member

hmmmmm lol?

3. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

i don't think i like fran very much. what a smart ass.

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

5. Barkley

Barkley Member

Bonzi will win MVP and 6th man of the year :D:D:D

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

SamFisher = Fran Blinebury? :eek:

7. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

I really wish Fran Blinebury would quit writing for the sports page. His sarcasm isn't clever, it's just annoying. I'm not sure if there is a more pretentious hack writing in sports today.

8. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

9. Sextuple Double

Also Most Improved, Sportsmanship, Finals MVP, and All-Star MVP :rolleyes:

10. Barkley

Barkley Member

Why not? :eek:

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't like Fran either, but I'm fine with the article. It seems a little harsh but whatever. The Rockets needs more coverage from the Chronicle anyway and the Houston media has always been too deferential to the Rockets.

12. dookiester

dookiester Member

Fran Blinebury misses JVG like Francis misses Mobley

13. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

no truer words...

1st word in my head: ANNOYING!!!!

14. chonox

chonox Member

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I fully agree.

16. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

once a jerk, always a jerk.

17. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

lol....

I think all the houston media does, becasue he used to always give them something to do, even if it meant making fun of the players (low level players that is).

18. DreamRoxCoogFan

see: Bayless, Skip. he should die.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he comes off as a sarcastic prick. is it so bad to add bonzi for $2M to our bench?

...and on this article we barf.

this article makes me want to barf on my own shoulder.

20. doublebogey

doublebogey Member