1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chrome

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Rocketman95, Dec 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Are there known issues with Chrome and the BBS? I constantly get the error "This webpage is not available" and have to reload numerous times. Read threads aren't updated either. The latter happens in IE as well, but I don't use IE any more. Are there settings I could adjust on my end to fix either of these issues?

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Strange. I use Chrome and don't have any of those issues. I assume this only happens on the forums (not other sites)? Does it only happen from one computer/internet connection (like a work computer) ... or does it happen on multiple computers (like work and home)?

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The reload issue typically only happens at work and only on this site. The not updating the read threads happens at home too, though. Thanks!

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I get the same thing from time to time on chrome.(the yahoo handler telling me it cant find the address), it happens at work(which is on a crappy Clear cell modem) which is the only place I have had time to get on the board from so I cant say if it happens at home on a better internet connection.

I always dismiss it as a problem with my connection.

5. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I use Chrome and haven't had any issues.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Post a screen of the "This webpage is not available" error. The only time you would get that is if your URL is incorrectly spelled or the site cannot be reached. Could be a network error but it shouldn't only be with chrome. :eek:

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

No problems with Chrome here. Maybe a virus.

Have you tried IE?

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I'm using Chrome right now as a matter of fact.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I use Chrome with no issues.

RM95 -- try rebooting your computer

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sounds like it could be a proxy issue? I use Chrome as well, no problems (I did have the issue with not updating the read threads sometimes, but I think that was on various browsers, so I assumed it was not on my side.)

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This happens with adblock on mobile

12. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i've been having issues with Chrome as well- site is slow to load, and then will barely scroll. i had a similar problem with NBA leaguepass broadband last night, updated flash, and it was better, but i switched to safari and had no problems.

i suspect the issue is related to flash and/or ads.

i'm on Yosemite 10.10.1.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Have you tried Alt + F4?

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have issues with Chrome as well. The BBS pages really kill performance. Something called Google Chrome helper pops up in my activity monitor taking up all my CPU. When I kill it, it always kills the tab with Clutchfans on it and everything returns to normal.

Maybe it is a Mac issue. I also have issues with scrolling the site when it does happen.

#14 Sweet Lou 4 2, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I've actually got some issues the last few days as well. Initially I attributed it to my employer's 18 million security measures they installed on my PC, but now that I think about it the issues only occur when I'm on this site (and using Chrome).

Everything just really slows down. Once or twice I had some window with a red X pop up and I would just close everything, clear out all temp files and delete all browsing history/cache/cookies/everything and restart the browser. This helps but after an hour or so I would have to do it all over again.

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I suspect it is an interplay between how flash is used in chrome and poorly coded ads. On any site when I have issues, it normally ends up being the ad network that is at fault

I havent had the issues lately that RM95 describes in the OP, but I most certainly experience performance issues with chrome lately on multiple computers.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh great Noth Korea is now attacking Chrome.

DD