1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christoper vs Porter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClearLakeTX, Jan 10, 2022.

?

Christopher or Porter

1. Christopher

131 vote(s)
    92.3%
  2. Porter

11 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. marky :)

marky :) Member

Depends what kind of soup. If its lentil soup, then he can throw that **** as much as he wants.

Joe Rocket and Hank McDowell like this.
  2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Why doesn’t KPJ watch film on Harden on how he gets past people and forces the defense to collapse kick it to the open man.

the game is too fast for him add that he is low bbiq and obviously just wants to practice a low quality step back.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

At this point have Christopher replace KPJ and Mathews replace Green and the team is likely better for it.

That said, winning isn't the goal this year, so it doesn't really matter. The team doesn't have any franchise quality players, so they are just running the clock out on the season and hoping to get a good enough draft pick to potentially draft a franchise quality player to build around.

Basically everyone but Sengun on the roster is expendable.

4. BonziWellsGOAT

I get that Christopher isn't a pg and I agree but is he any less of a pg than Porter? I mean he brings way more to the table in other areas and there's no way he can be worse than kpj at running point. There's really nothing to lose......other than some Campbell's chunky

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The hope is that Christopher (or someone else) develops into a plus defender and facilitator and can compliment Green.

I'm starting to lose hope in KPJ.

PeterKingX likes this.
  6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

The Rockets behave like a contending team who has too many stars to develop its rookies. I believe that might be because stone was taught by Morey and weve never been a rebuilding team. Because right now its clear that Wood Tate and KPJ are higher priorities than Green, Sengun, JC and Garuba. Wood and KPJ dont have as high potential as our rookies so we are just wasting our time.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nix was a 5 star HS recruit, and he played in the Gleague with Green last year instead of college, let's give him a run.

DD

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This is why I always say Rockets are headless chicken. They don’t know what they are doing.

tehG l i d e and Joe Rocket like this.
  9. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

green isn’t a franchise level talent? That first step is lethal.

he needs to add muscle and tighten up the handle which It looks like he will

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

His first step is awesome.....but he's the worst defensive player I've ever seen.

He's young, so maybe he learns how to play basketball one day and becomes a net positive....but he's so terrible right now I can't assume that he'll ever be a "franchise level" player. Right now he's absolutely driving the tank this season.

Given how raw of a player he is, it's too early to call him a bust OR a quality player. Time will tell.

What we can say is that the Rockets are very likely to get another shot at landing a franchise player due, at least in part, to how terrible Green is. That's a win-win situation. If they land a legit franchise player and Green learns how to play basketball, awesome.....if they land a legit franchise player and Green ends up a glorified role player, that's fine too.

bluffkin likes this.
  11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I was all for Porter experiment last year and starting this season, but he's regressed. I don't see any improvement, except at times on the defensive end. He seems to be distracted.

WTF was he doing with that foul last night? Frustration probably, but it was obvious he didn't care he would be ejected because he didn't try to make a basketball play.

I think a strong coach would sit him on the bench and give JC the starting role and put Nix in as his sub. I'm also ready to reinsert Gary Bird back into the starting lineup. He gives us an extra energy and effort that we're missing to start games and desperately need it.

12. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Agree with every word. I don’t really see any other way of looking at it. He simply isn’t worthy of being an NBA starter right now.

tehG l i d e and Shark44 like this.
  13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

It's obvious to every one but Silas apparently who loves to coddle and enable his spoiled brat behavior. I haven't heard one report of him working hard or staying late to improve his putrid 60% free throw shooting. We've only heard he's frequently skipping John Luca's practices. Cavs traded him for free and haven't looked back. Rockets need to do the same.

Shark44 and ashleyem like this.
  14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I think for this season the bullshit they are doing is fine.

Next season there needs to be some kind of vision and plan coming together.

Next season kpj needs to not be the lead pg. I don't believe they want to piss him off and bring him off the bench so I think what they can try to do is convince him to play off ball and have JC start at pg to see if he shows promise.

Or they can just sub kpj or Green out early so that more of Green's minutes come with JC or Augustine at pg.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. MystikArkitect

Christopher/Garuba/Mathews/Green/Sengun would increase the hustle x1000.

bluffkin likes this.
  16. HROZ

HROZ Member

Probably Christopher

But I'm of the opinion neither is a PG

17. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

This is a sunk season. The worst thing would be to get a return just so you have 40 mil worth of players putting in playing time. This season is about playing the young players, there really isn't any room for wall or anyone they would replace wall in a trade.

Corrosion likes this.
  18. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When the last time you seen KPJ blow by his man and make a layup … How about drive and actually make it into paint not fall out of bounds or throw the ball off back of backboard.

Him and Wood = no PnR .. one can’t set a pick the other can’t make the pass 8 times out of 10

19. MystikArkitect

Not true.

The other team looks great.

JayZ750 and bluffkin like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree with a lot of this but just look at how Chauncey Billups bounced around before he got it or any other young pg's, I really do not understand all of the frustration with KPJ no he is a true pg but so what it's not like this team a great pg away from the playoffs anyway.

This is the year to let KPJ develop any playmaking skills he might have which will just make him better if he does move positions or comes off the bench, this year is supposed to be about developing young guys and I see improvement in his game overall.

No Worries likes this.