1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Christian Wood's injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket_ph, Feb 4, 2021.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yeah strong glutes prevent 80% of leg injuries. Theres a reason why LeBron/PJ/Harden etc suffer none. Wood is just weak physicaly and im glad John puts pressure on him working out

2. bro2044

bro2044 Member

THIS LOL

I mean..... when this happens and it's serious, don't they say things like "expected out 6-8 weeks" etc based on the severity? When I saw this I was glad it was only a sprain, and the idea that he could be evaluated week to week seemed far from alarming.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

You have never played basketball I take it.

Or maybe any contact sport?

Denovo, charlieaustin and roslolian like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Both Bruno and Wooten are NOT under contract.

Wooten was waived and re-signed as a Viper.

Bruno was waived after Harden trade.

The only "big boys" left on Rockets are 6'6 KJ Martin and 6'9 Rodions Kurucs.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Freak accidents happen frequently, but Wood's physique is somewhat frail. He needs more muscle on his frame. If he can become as strong as Capela, that will be good enough.

6. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Oh! My bad.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Bo6

Bo6 Member

omg what does strong glutes have to do with rolling ankles? lol

8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i've torn ligaments in my ankle and sprained it multiple times in my life. sprains are like 8-12 weeks but tearing ligaments only put me out like 4.

9. dmoneybangbang

Perhaps but it’s also clearing cap space in my scenario while getting a chance to see what Bamba (a high draft pick) can do. Looking more into the Magic they may not want someone like EGO since they just extended Terrance Russ and Fultz.

Not sure about the wrong time frame unless you are wanting compete now.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Leg bone connected to the ankle bone ...

LOL

FrontRunner likes this.
  11. alex_eg6

alex_eg6 Member

Lol this

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

83b422b0-5fdb-4c1b-bb7e-6d0fd879400a_screenshot.jpg

May need some implants.

harold bingo and dmoneybangbang like this.
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

let's trade some draft picks for jonny flynn.

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

[​IMG]
    weak ankle disease.

Rashmon and chinese like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

16. bmelo

bmelo Member

Bo6, FrontRunner and harold bingo like this.
  17. hakeemthagreat

I have. And anytime a bigman Wood's size drives to the basket its a potential severe knee or ankle injury. Guards get the same ankle issues but their not nearly as bad given their lack of size. The more Wood drives in crowded areas he's gonna have this happen, especially with long strides.

Next time I have to school you I want a thank you

vator likes this.
  18. vator

vator Contributing Member

This is my biggest issue with the way he plays. I’ve been busy working and haven’t had time to really expound on this. I made a comment in the game thread when it happened along the lines that I’m going to need him to stop trying to do things like bringing the ball up the court and trying to split defenders off the dribble.

Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should do it. It looks good and the result has been some flashy highlight reel layups and dunks at times, but the way he does it is what I’m not a fan of and it all boils down to those long ass strides. They are just asking for a knee or ankle injury. It is not a compact and under control motion that most guys typically make going to the basket. He leaves himself too exposed, blindly sticking his long limbs into areas defenders don’t expect them to be. Also, he is often stretched out as far as he can go while being bumped and many times I’ve seen him practically stopped in his tracks and he flips up an awkward looking shot that in his defense he makes, but I cringe. That combined with his slight frame...I don’t like it. I think it’s a reckless way to attack the basket.

#438 vator, Feb 6, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    Kevooooo likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

You talking in absolutes is hilarious.

You need at least some IQ to even go to my school.

Try again.

20. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yup!!! Thank you god. This is prolly a blessing so this man can heal up properly. We already know what he can do while hurt. We wanna see what he and Wall can do when fully healthy. Be a good time to call up KPJr. And give him a test run with the group. General Wall won’t take no **** from nobody. And the Baba Yega (Boogie Man) will scare him straight.

bro2044 likes this.