1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Brown Juice

Brown Juice Member

This guy is a baller. No doubt about it.

Sep11ie likes this.
  2. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Holy Shizit !!!

3. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

4. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I don’t like this:

5. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Agent could have leaked to drive up the price... 2 yd line again! Bring it home Stone!!!

6. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

7. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

NBA coach is part of the front office. They are the dudes making the play.

You dont know everyone on the Rox FO how do you know it is devoid of any experience? IIRC John Lucas was a consultant of the FO and he had both coaching and playing experience. Jordan had the best experience ever even got coached by one of the best and had a GM that was one of the best ever. How does all that matter when it didnt prevent him from getting Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison?

Isiah Thomas was also known as one of the best pgs to ever play how did he do as GM of the Knicks? Ujiri never even sniffed the NBA who has been the better GM him or the (current) Goat?

9. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Son of a b****

10. Nook

Nook Member

Because they screwed around and jeopardized it.

saleem likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Tell me what decision maker in the Rockets front office played in the NBA or better yet, coached in the NBA in the last 7-8 years? Especially over the last few years most of the people promoted fake from the business/legal side of the organization over to the basketball operations side. The closest was consulting with Pickney.

FWIW it wasn’t Morey’s fault, the last two owners wouldn’t pay for someone with a strong coaching/playing background to be VP. As a result player development was weak and the Rockets did not get the full benefit of both analytics and a coach/player perspective. When TF bought the team Morey tried to sell him on revamping that part of the organization and he was promised it would be a priority and it wasn’t... part of why he got the hell out of Dodge.

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

What happened? Tilman I’m guessing?

13. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Are you serious??

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Player development was weak? Bruh the player devt coach under MDA was John Lucas, ever heard of him? He was both an NBA player and coach, so if you think the team's player devt was weak what does that mean for your entire theory?

You havent proved that having played in the NBA or become a good NBA coach makes you a good GM though. Rox arent the best FO but they are one of the better ones as evidenced by Morey getting pirated by Philly before the ink on his resignation even dried.

OTH how many good coaches turned out to be horrible GMs? Phil Jackson, SVG, Isiah Thomas, JVG, Rudy T...all these guys sucked ass. Like I said there seems to be no correlation between their performance as GMs and coaches/players. Ujiri better than all of them combined he hasnt even been in the NBA. If we pooled all the guys with NBA exp and separated the good ones from the bad ones there are more bad GMs with NBA exp than good GMs with NBA exp. What does that tell you about the nba perspective to balance out the analytical one? You basically got Danny Ainge and Pat Riley as the good NBa exp gms. But opposite that you got Buford, Presti, Morey, Mike Malone, Rob Pelinka, Ujiri, Jon Horst among others all with no NBA exp.

So before you ask me which decision maker in the Rox had NBA experience tell me first why it is needed.

#494 roslolian, Nov 20, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

LMAO we really got Bogdan'd.

saleem likes this.
  17. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Hearing its’s about to be completed to Charlotte :(

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Probably not the Lakers

saleem likes this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He never wanted to be here. Chris Bosh jacked up his price, when Morey wanted him.
    McHale spoke to Bosh over the phone and came to the conclusion that he didn’t want to come to Houston.
    @ApacheWarrior

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That’s what’s happening, I bet. Stone’s hands are tied. He’s helpless. Morey wouldn’t have done any better.