1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood - where is the consistency?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Apr 10, 2021.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

When a team is in tank mode it’s best to not be too judgmental about a players true talent and let the season play out. I hope we have some good key peace’s in KPJ/KMJ/Wood/Tate to build on, BUT only time will tell!

The condescending posters who think that they’re some sort of NBA Player Oracles are funny!

#KeepTankAlive
    Go Rockets!!!

Rockets4Life13 and KePoW like this.
  2. csc177

csc177 Member

You again....

You need max money now to be consistent? You need max money to be play big like he's shown in glimpses? You my friend are indeed a casual.

No one is asking him to be a superstar (though that would be great), I want to see consistency on both ends. He's shown it. He needs to show it more often. He talks about it in press conferences, show it on the floor. Blocking shots and rebounding the ball at 6'10 with long arms should be the easiest thing for him to do night in and night out. He can easily average a double double on a nightly basis.

So you can take your weak "entitled" take and kick rocks sir...or madam.

3. csc177

csc177 Member

I like Wood (a lot) but if you can't admit his inconsistencies you're either blind, dont watch the games, or in denial.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think we have put unrealistic expectations on Wood and KPJ because of how hopeless our franchise is.

KPJ couple of months ago was literally not even in an active NBA roster due to whatever off court issues. Wood a year ago had just gotten real NBA minutes with a losing franchise in Detroit.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude he is 21-9 and thats essentially averaging a double double can he not have an off game?

So just because he is 6'10 with long arms a double double should be easy?

What? How ignorant does that sound?

You are just b****ing to be b****ing

D-rock likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Most players are inconsistent that's why they have levels of allstars and superstars and they are paid accordingly.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wood will average 22 and 10 by end of season.

#Patience

8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Well, you may have just proved your point on your third paragraph. He also complained about having no set plays - while Wall and Oladipo looked to pass their stats. He’s also coming off an injury. Why would you risk more injury when you’re essentially playing to lose.

9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

The man can say whatever he wants. He’s got better handles than KAT or Capela. He shoots better than Kat or Capela. He’s just on a sh!tty team that the league is not trying to promote right now. When we get our roster straight and have some consistency, he gonna beast out. He can break his man down, he can shoot the three, lob, post up. Which big man would you rather have at 13mil.

vince likes this.
  10. vince

vince Member

A scary part for Rockets fans is that elite competitiveness isn’t a switch you can turn on or off. If elite players turn off the switch, they may never be able to turn it back on.

I hope Wood hasn’t accepted tanking as a viable option, at least mentally.

I like many want a top 4 pick. But even with the worst record, we may still select outside the top 4 getting as a reward a late first round Miami pick.

I hope they don’t suffer the consequences of tanking Karma... Because we know they are tanking, right?

D-rock likes this.
  11. csc177

csc177 Member

I swear I feel like I'm debating children on this forum (children who can't infer nor read). This is the last time I respond to you, Fly Jiggy.

1. He's had more than one "off game" smart guy, hence the reason why folks are talking about his inconsistencies and a freaking entire thread was created to discuss it.
    2. my point around being 6'10 and long arms (which I was hoping you were able to deduce) was that YES being tall and long makes it's easier to grab more rebounds and block more shots - something he doesn't do consistently enough. Wood can impact the game (every game) so much more than he already has. There are times I forget he's on the floor. He should never only grab 3 rebounds in a game - like ever. These are the things folks are talking about.
    3. Your points are weak, in fact upon review, most of your posts are longwinded, rambling nonsense, so again, you won't get another response from me.
    4. Woods is a skilled big man, probably the most skilled player the Rox have outside of KP and Wall. When he becomes more consistent, we'll win more games (heck he may even make an all star game). He's 25 and time (specifically the next couple years) will tell if Rox struck gold or if what we see is the best we're going to get, a fringe all star who needs to be #2 or #3 on a good team. I on the other hand, expect more based on the skill I've seen. If you call that ignorant or "b****ing" ...again proves my point on why you'll never warrant another response from me.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Its the Children who are entitled cry babies that can't be happy with a 25 year old on a good contract scoring 21-9.

it's clueless people who think that just because you are 6'10 and have long arms it's easy to get a double double every night .

Now that's what I call a double double.

[​IMG]

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

There are top draft picks and there are NBA greats.

Not only is there no Olajuwon in this draft, there are no Moses Malones, Elvin Hayes or even Yao Mings in this draft.

It's a talented deep draft, just not one of the all time great ones.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Stone says you shouldn’t evaluate this draft until 2030 at the earliest

joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  16. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

So what
    So what relevance do your comments have? If we lose, we (hopefully) get a good draft pick. If we win, we don't get a good draft pick.

17. ballgame

ballgame Member

#Patience?? People on this board do not have patience.....they want a Championship this yr! Lol.

I've been saying it a few months now. The Rockets have the making of a good nucleus, fans just neef to have that word you just said. Lol

D-rock likes this.
  18. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

I'm glad our players started shooting. Defense AND Offense are atrocious. More than I want to see Wood contest for rebounds, I wish KPJ would just chuck it.

19. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

LOLLLLLL how little self-esteem that ref has to have to call a foul on that last play as if to validate the 0.3s they added.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Offense has been fine. We scored 58 on 50 percent shooting and 42 percent from 3. Against most teams we'd be winning or tied

DaDakota likes this.