1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood traded to Dallas for the #26 pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dockerland, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

LMFAO.

I'd take Christian Wood 300 times out of 100 over KPJ.

I'd even spend money on airfares from Australia, pay for a hire car, drive from Fort Worth to Houston, just so I could personally drive KPJ's pathetic ass out of there.

aaquaa, Fulgore, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I wouldn't take either. Both of them should not be on this team (1 down and 1 to go).

Wood has offense, but was HORRIBLE at defense. KPJ is a fake ass PG who should be playing SG, but can't do that either.

3. xaos

xaos Member

Tyty >>>>> Wood

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Not a terrible idea, since he's over 40% from 3 this year. Just great defense by Mobley.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I love to make fun of Wood, but in this case, the clock was running out, what else was he meant to do...

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’m glad we got TyTy for Wood, but I think Stone should have found a way to trade him sooner and get more. I think not getting a single prospect out of the Harden deal was unfortunate. He had no choice but to give away Dipo. The Westbrook trade didn’t really work out for us. The return for Tucker was average at best. He held EG for too long and won’t get good value. I haven’t been impressed with Stone’s trade prowess…despite the fact that he’s “been making deals since he was 18 years old”.

The KPJ trade was great, but they they don’t even know how to use him effectively.

#1266 Aruba77, Dec 18, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
  7. MystikArkitect

There's currently a player on the team that did something similar vs Miami.

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He had an open Reggie Bulloch nearby with 4 seconds left. He could of passed.

EDIT: Frank Nkitilina was next to him, but the defender was covering him and the corner 3. I think he should of passed to Frank and Frank may have swung it to Reggie. Still bad decision making all around although I can understand not wanting to give the ball to Frank.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

imho biggest mistake is penny pinching.... he should have traded them faster ... A LOT FASTER...we have enough picks and PLENTY OF PRECIOUS PLAYING TIME IS WASTED to the point hes ruining development of picks he drafted trying to extract couple of additional FRPs or even second rounders...

this is telling me the org and nobody within it dont even care about competing or basketball reasons...they only respect their paycheck..they dont really care about basketball...its just a milking cow to them....

they dont really care if their picks gonna be success or failures....whos gonna develop and who wont...if player gonna regress or will he learn to play basketball well.....they care about that as much as KPJ cares about the possession where he wont pass to open alpi and hes gonna hit his 3 pointer over the hands of defenders......
    SIMPLY THERES NO INCENTIVE TO...

theyre all just going tru motions
    and perhaps doing shady deals under the table with players agencies, betting fixes etc...looking for no 1

aaquaa likes this.
  10. Rokman

Rokman Member

KPJ should be backup to Green competing for 6th man not starting at either position.

aaquaa likes this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm glad he's no longer on the Rockets - there's a lot of problems with Dallas offense but Christian Wood is not even close to one of them. The opposite.

It's weird how this thread is basically 1-2 second clips and people going nuts slagging on Woods shot selection. He's been very productive on offense for a team that is absolutely starving for non Luka offense that had to break the Kemba glass.

I mean if you want to laugh at Dallas offseason it's not resigning Brunson and them signing Javale Magee and Kidd declaring him the starter - i guess to passive-aggressively protest-motivate Wood. Javale is basically playing Boban minutes now.

Corrosion and BelgianRocketsFan like this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Wood's issue wasn't offense for himself, it's about him refusing to play for the team. He also put half ass effort at defense also

Corrosion and aaquaa like this.
  13. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

I miss KPJ-Wood connection. Iso game in and out was amazing last year. Wish we could get Wood back from Dallas so that they would be like a mini Kobe-Shaq duo and lead us to be a legit contender.

Williamson, aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

LeDakota likes this.
  15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

I feel more sorry for the loser that actually asked for a pic with him. get some standards

SamFisher likes this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The dude should have asked, "Can you set a pick for me? I'm a Rockets guard."

hakeem94 and Ancient Moabite like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its not his fault rockets were tanking so he just did what his bosses wanted of him

19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Some of the posts on here are pure comedic gold lol

20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

He lost on every team had been on until he went to a team already winning. He's not an impact player but he can help Luka a bit.

hakeem94 likes this.