1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood traded to Dallas for the #26 pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dockerland, Jun 15, 2022.

1. xaos

xaos Member

Ew still seeing this name pop up here...

2. MystikArkitect

Wood's issue is that he's a net negative on both sides of the ball. He gets points because he has to. That play perfectly sums up Wood as a player. What would Jabari done there for example? Stopped, popped, 2 pts. Wood just doesn't have the ability to process the game like that. Harden probably saw what Wood was and bolted shortly after. That's how bad Wood is. Limited offensively and terrible defensively.

Him being traded was the highlight of the summer for me.

3. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

He plays terrible defense, doesn't set screens, and is a ball stopper on offense. He was a bad fit for us, with or without Jabari.

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm just glad he's no longer with the Rockets.Don't hate him, but as long as he's a Mav I will wish all their players utter failure, same for any Jazz players.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

OK, well if you don't see that the Mavericks run 5-out probably more than any other team in the NBA due to Luka, and that they need to experiment with other ways to generate offense when Luka sits with Brunson gone, and that Christian Wood is part of those experiments, then you like even terribler basketball.

I'm as glad as the next person that Wood is gone from the Rockets, but I'm not bitter and angry enough to pretend lke he's not a valuable NBA player given the right team and situation.

jiggyfly and BelgianRocketsFan like this.
  6. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

I'm glad he's gone. His defensive lowlights from his first game in Dallas and he's still a ball stopper are the reasons why

aaquaa likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

running 5 out doesn't mean, oh let me just iso wood at the top of the key and let him go to whatever he thinks hes doing. cause well it ended up as trash as it did, which is dumb basketball. you don't see powell, maxi, or boban doing something that stupid while playing for Dallas

you need to experiment christian wood at the top of the key iso? nah you don't

he isn't that valuable. that's the point. that's been true for years. it's not pretending. that's reality

#1247 YOLO, Oct 6, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
    aaquaa likes this.
  8. SamFisher

Let me guess, your research on this consisted of watching the one twitter clip what, twice and reading somebody who read the box score.

Anyway, here's the highllights

- it's pretty much Christian Wood scoring in the same ways I'm used to seeing him score including the occasional ISO. I don't see anything objectionable about the way he's being used overall but feel free to tweet vigorously @ Jason Kidd & Mark Cuban to register your apparently considerable displeasure at this.

o_O

OK whatever. He's gone for whatever value we could get - whether it was "that valuable" or not - so who gives a sh-t?

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

let me guess your research consisted of this highlight video. Awesome.

Does the highlights have anything to do with the stupidity of the play I posted? Nah. Why? because houston has seen that stupidity for quite some time. There's a reason why this dude has been losing his entire career

Its amazing how someone needs to be told Wood iso at the top of the key is just pure dumb basketball.

10. SamFisher

Yeah actually on one of them he does the same play and dishes out for a corner 3 (it's about 4:17 of the video). By my math, he's averaging 1.5 PPP on iso's, that mark would lead the NBA! HOO BOY.

At least if you're going to nurse this grievance do the work, you lazy bum.

jiggyfly and hlmbasketball like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

damn all nba all star team confirmed otw. lets goooooooo!

if you're going to defend a player, at least be someone that's actually worth it. defending losers well, they all end up the same.

12. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Still one of the most frustrating players I’ve ever watched. So much potential if he ever puts it all together, but his physical limitations and less obvious mental/emotional ones will no doubt stop him from getting there.

aaquaa likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Christian Wood will put up numbers…the box scores will look good…advanced stats won’t be bad

and u still won’t want him on your team

him being off the Rockets is like a breath of fresh air

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If Wood set a screen and gave the ball to the guards on the break and rolled hard to the rim he would probably still be here even with his ass defense. Dude

aaquaa likes this.
  15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

After I saw Victor look like basketball Jesus, I am sad that Wood is no longer a Rocket. He was a tank in human form.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What was so bad about that, the fact that he passed the ball was encouraging.

The other should have been more ready.

I don't understand why people have to be in such a rush to clown folks or make them an all star.

SMDH.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Or that the plus minus stat is ****?

You decide.

18. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Sorry for bumping this **** thread, but this was hilarious to see. Glad we got rid of his ass....

19. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Lol awful, but overall he had what looked like a very good game. 26 & 14 on 50% shooting. No Luka and they lose by 1 against a very good team on the road. Kemba also went off this game for them. I am not fan of Wood, but we literally got a D league player in return for a 20/10 guy who should be starting in the NBA. Still glad hes gone, but the team needs to do better with trades as we will soon be trading younger guys who will end up really making us look bad elsewhere.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We should have kept BucketMan CWood and gotten rid of the stooge HotDogTosser KPJ instead

[​IMG]