1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood traded to Dallas for the #26 pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dockerland, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Looks like Wood took a ton of shots and performed poorly on D. Surprise, surprise.

That’s not to say he’ll be bad for Mavs. Coming off the bench as an offensive spark may be the perfect role for him.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

boy does this look familiar. sucks for you Mavs

Zen Tabak likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Christian Duud.

4. vince

vince Member

I have no hard feelings for Wood. He came to the Rockets to compliment James Harden and a supposedly competitive squad. And suddenly, everyone bolts via trade. Essentially, beginning a full on rebuilding project. He was obviously unhappy about the turn of events.

He didn’t come to Houston to be loyal to the city or the team, he agree because he wanted an opportunity to prove to himself he was a good to elite player.

Him getting traded was good for him and the Rockets. He gets to answer his question if all his work does pay off after being an afterthought on his draft night. And the Rockets give what would have been his minutes to guys who are on board with the rebuilding project.

5. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn't everybody turn the ball over in the NBA? I don't know one player who doesn't.

You failed to mention he got 16 pts and 13 rbs in 25 mins.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

he came to the rockets because they had a huge hole in the frontcourt with all the minutes in the world to give to him and they were willing to pay him. And he proved he isn't that good or elite.

aaquaa likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

i couldn't careless what he did box scorer tracker. He still sucks and plays like it

aaquaa likes this.
  8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Excellent points! My only dilemma with the trade was and as I have said numerous times, I wouldn't have traded him until we got a new coach. Any player who is putting up 20/10 has value and I think last night sort of proved my point.

He put up 16 pts/ 13 rbs in 25 mins. Mine you it was against the Thunder but still, all it took was a head coach to tell him, this is where I think you will fit best. SIMPLE

vince likes this.
  9. Houston77

Supporting Member

Seriously, though. How do you have 16 points and 13 boards on good efficiency, your team wins, and yet you still post a -7 +/-? That takes skill.

aaquaa and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I'll take those numbers coming off the bench and so will any other team in the NBA.

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't really see the problem here? The Mavs offense with Luka is 5-out ish, without Luka on the floor it's pretty much "well, somebody do something" and Wood is one few other alternatives they have here .

^People talking about preseason +/- is the nyquil chicken challenge but if it were actually real

#1231 SamFisher, Oct 6, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
    jiggyfly likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you don't see the problem, then you like terrible basketball

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah and yet he was still a net negative on the floor. awesome!

aaquaa likes this.
  14. Houston77

Supporting Member

249AA043-C419-4C71-BB6A-D8BE24EDCAD7.gif

Zen Tabak likes this.
  15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I never felt he was the problem. I still think he's better than Alpy. But he's not a good fit with Jabari, I concede that.

16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

My thinking was to keep Wood and play him at the 4 and Jabari would have been the 3.

To me with Jabari's present size and defensive ability I thought it would be better for him to play the 3, rather than him having to go up against bigger players at the onset.

We would've had the size we have been asking for for yrs, the ability to switch at the 3 and 4. Wood had shown he could guard perimeter players, So I think it could have worked.....that's just me.

17. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

18. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

19. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if Wood can handle not being a starter. His problem has always been between his ears. He was late to the arena. Silas didn't start him. He moped and gave half assed effort when he did get on the floor. Got chewed out at halftime by Lucas for playing lazy. Then wound up refusing to go in the game. Is he worth all that on a good team?

aaquaa likes this.
  20. maj21

maj21 Member

He’s no longer with us. Idk why we’re still piling on him. He’s gonna put up big numbers and play poorly on D. We all know this.

jiggyfly and vince like this.