1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood traded to Dallas for the #26 pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dockerland, Jun 15, 2022.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Classic... Just need a quick Holic like on this one.

jnuge90 likes this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Wood wasn’t going to get resigned for MAX! What he wants.

We have young players to develop and it showed with him out the lineup, players like Green, KPJ and Sengun got into a rhythm. Now add 1 more top tier pick to the list.

Averaging big numbers on the worst team isn’t something to brag about. Obviously they don’t want to deal with his cry baby antics during the season and feel it’s best to move on soon. Why waste each other’s time?

Drift Monkey and RudyTBag like this.
  3. what

what Member

Rockets being a lottery team should be making moves to hunt down desperate contenders and take advantage of them, and this is the move they do. Lol

it was a bad move.

4. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

This trade tells me the team is aggressively looking to move down in the draft. We're competing with OKC as the other team with lots of draft assets, and they have 12+30, while now we have 26+17, so not too far off if both have two FRPs to offer. Question is the value of OKC's "others" who they are offering up to move down, and I don't see many young players that would be of value to a team like the Blazers looking for "win now" talent. I think we have the edge there with Gordon and Tate, among others, who we can move along with the picks.

5. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I said the same thing (stone hasn’t been great at trades) and got flamed for it lol.
    At least he makes trades a year late. I expect EG to be gone next year when his 3pt% is way worse than last years sell high percentage.

BamBam likes this.
  6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You don't even know his name... so hard to think you know much about him

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  7. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

What if he didn't want that defined role in a contract year on a bad team with nothing but young players?

There are other teams with front court needs and higher picks. Why didn't they offer those picks for Wood?

8. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

thats why we should have traded him earlier

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Huh? You don't watch the team every night, there's a reason all we've heard is that players don't like playing with him and there is a reason he's just now starting on an NBA team. He's not a team player.

10. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

He fits Dallas for now. You can’t evaluate the trade until after the draft and likely what player we develop from it. Could be a win - win honestly. I never liked him and I think his attitude will ultimately become his downfall. We need team players.

Deckard likes this.
  11. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Play it forward one year. The Rockets want to finish next year with player development, a good draft pick and massive cap space. Having Wood actively hurts the first two of those, and needing the third severely limited the trade options given salary matching requirements.

Having an additional pick for either bundling or stashing or trading back a year, with no additional long term salary, may not be sexy but is better than status quo. Now let’s see what he does with 26.

Deckard and Chamillionaire like this.
  12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

So do you think teams with better picks would have traded those picks for Wood? I haven't really heard anything recently saying that Wood's value was a high first. Clutch even tweeted a week and a half ago that people thought Wood wasn't worth a first at all.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Better than Kleber? At least Maxi hustles!!

14. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

Indeed. Unfortunately, Tilman is going to be very unhappy when Stone tells him there is a league salary minimum and that he has to spend a small amount of it on players.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  15. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

From Capela and a 1st

To Covingtion

To Christian Wood

Into 26th pick

Lets ****ing go

jcmoon, BigggReddd and Chamillionaire like this.
  16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

It's not very often that players like Wood on teams like the Rockets get you much better packages than we got. Rockets want picks first and foremost, and cap space next. What desperate contender has better ones they'd trade for Wood right now?

Fans of scrubass teams always over estimate the value of their empty stat stuffers...

Drift Monkey and jcmoon like this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, if he wanted to go, and this is the best you can get, sure let him go.

But I would have done it at the trade deadline .......where desperate teams might take more of a chance.

DD

cdastros likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol if u think a contender is desperate for the likes of Christian Wood and would give up a ton of value in return

delusional trades like Kuminga for Wood or whatever other nonsense was cooked up on here simply wasn’t reality

19. cdastros

cdastros Member

At the end of last season Christian Wood shot 46% 3P%, 72% FT% and a 72% TS%. People forget but Wood was shooting and making step back threes at the end of the year. I think he has an All Star year with Dallas. Plus as bad as a passer and decision maker he is his Post entry passes actually look good. That will make it easier to put Luka in the Post.

what and DaDakota like this.
  20. Rockets4Life13

I personally don't think so but I'm biased against Wood.

I've seen Dallas fans being happy because they think he's better than Powell. I just remember Powell pushing Wood's **** in any time we played the Mavs. They probably don't remember

BMoney and DrNuegebauer like this.