1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood is SOFT thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H. Christopher, Dec 10, 2021.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Every player has a weakness, Steph can't play defense, LeBron is not a good 3pt shooter nor a good FT shooter, Harden can't defend the parameter..... JUST LAST YR. THEY WERE SAYING GIANNAS WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH.

You get players that cover up the other players on your team weaknesses. I never implied we should trade Wood. My thinking was to pair the two.

Fans kill me how they pick Woods game apart. They said the same things about AD, one of the Top 10 players in the league; too soft, can't carry a team, can't play around the rim, plays too much on the parameter.....SOUNDS FAMILIAR?

When he got better talent around him, he won a Championship! Give Wood and the Rockets time.

#81 hlmbasketball, Dec 11, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Seems pretty obvious Wood has been a big part of the turn around. There’s no good argument against that. I’d explore trade opportunities but he’s a good player.

Easy and Hippieloser like this.
  4. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

"Shove it up your ass"? First you try fallacies, and then you resort to cursing. How old are you?
    Stupidity, dirty mouth and fragile ego... Insecurity too: "We are Rockets fans first around here, team success is our #1 goal." You're calling for help but nobody's siding with you. Scared?

Your boyfriend's statement came during the L-streak, but his lowest fga# was right after that statement. He wasn't happy with his role and first he went public with his complaints and then he sulked on court, passing on shots. That you find nothing wrong with this behavior tells me a lot about you.
    His performance at center leaves a lot to be desired as many other "Rockets fans first" have repeatedly pointed out. I won't list his shortcomings again. If you didn't get it the first time, it's not worth the effort on both our parts.
    You are blinded by 7 wins and you fail to see the big picture - I'm not surprised.
    Wood is not a winner and he will not the centerpiece of any roster. At some point he will get a big contract and enjoy his earnings but that's all. Like Carlos Boozer, e.g., he will not be remembered.
    Neither will you.

juanming likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

6. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

I don't blame you. Maybe your parents, but not you, sad little thing. Bye.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

You need to up your smack game.

Perhaps if you bolded the entire paragraph again?

Hilarious

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Conveniently leaving out the fact that the talent he got was LeBron James. All those things said about AD were true - he did nothing his entire tenure in New Orleans, in addition to being injured constantly.

Also, I'm not sure why you're mentioning Steph, LeBron, Harden and Giannis when talking about Wood. Yeah, those 4 all had weaknesses, but their biggest strength(s) were enough to compensate for any shortcomings.

As good as Wood is on offense, it doesn't completely cover up the other holes in his game. He is, at best, the third best player on a championship team (maybe sometimes second best). Because we're neither a championship team nor do the timelines for our rookies match up with Wood's age, it's a sound decision to explore trade options for Wood.

juanming and aaquaa like this.
  9. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Well yeah, I guess we could call LeBron better talent.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

No sane person denying Wood is 3rd best player on championship team.

But it is mindboggling to me that posters believe that 3rd best players on championship teams grow on trees.

And timelines are not equal, even for rooks.

Sengun, Mobley, Barnes, even Jaygup are showing that immediate impact and contribution to more wins are possible.

This team is much better and more ready than the tankers realize.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Wood isn't a rookie. I can't think of any examples of guys whose defensive work ethic magically changed at age 26.

csc177, juanming and aaquaa like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Only appropriate to have a Soften after Harden.

juanming and aaquaa like this.
  13. juanming

juanming Member

Anybody that doesn't understand Christian Wood doesn't fit the timeline is an idiot

When we say he doesn't fit the timeline it's not excuse to trade him . It's reality. Basically he is in his prime right now the problem with that is that it will take another three or five years for alp Josh Martin and green to enter their Primes. To win a championship you really need all the players on the same timeline with the same primes at the same time so they can dominate

We tried it was yao and Tracy McGrady having veterans surround them and it did not work

Even right now we have a bunch of rookies with some veterans and it's not working

you don't want a team full of old veterans and you don't want to team with a mixture and you don't want a team of rookies you want to team with all the players in their Prime at the same time between age of 24 to 28

That in a nutshell is why we must trade Christian and that is the only reason

You guys arguing whether he soft or not or the two big line up or if it's Stephen fault are just completely missing the point the point is he will be almost washed at 31 or 32 when all our players are in their Prime

With his ankles breaking every couple months it's not worth to wait on him he will be more injury-prone when he's in his thirties then he is now the time to trade him as right now before we sign into an albatross contract

I just don't see how anybody can argue with my point and Advocate that we keep Christian what makes no sense not to mention he's keeping minutes away from our new Superstar Alp

anybody arguing or fighting the key Christian would shows they have no idea what's going on with this team

Hopefully this means case closed.I can't imagine you guys arguing with me

csc177 and aaquaa like this.
  14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Any team Cristian Wood has been on has basically been the worst team in the league. Not sure why anyone thinks he a franchise piece. He'd be a great 3rd or 4th option. He was elite running the pick and roll with Harden, but even that didn't translate to wins cuz he leaves a lot to be desired on the defensive end.

Every time you think he has a good game the guy he was guarding has like 20/10 at least

jcmoon, ApacheWarrior and aaquaa like this.
  15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn't more mean more? If its Steph, CP3, Giannas or whomever, more talent means more talent. LeBron joined Wade and Bosh their first yr and didn't win a Championship, so let's not make that a reason. What I was simply saying was that EVERY player has weaknesses, however putting the right players around them will make them better.

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

[​IMG]

Tuckankhamun and D-rock like this.
  17. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You guys are looking at Wood as a regular 26 yr old NBA veteran....HE'S NOT! Last yr was his 1st yr playing full time NBA mins. You can not compare him to a regular 26yr old veteran, for example Karl Anthony Towns.

Towns has been a starter since he entered the league, he has more experience but also has a lot more miles on his body too. Wood just entered the league 2yrs ago. Before that he played sparingly, the more he plays, the better he will become.

#97 hlmbasketball, Dec 11, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Which championship team had all the players in their prime at about the same age?

I am not against trading Wood. But the timeline thing is a bit overblown. I can understand getting rid of Gordon because he is at the tail end of his prime. But Wood still has at least 5 more years before he crosses the age 30.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Soft is not a thing and never has been.

Its a cop out description for people not smart enough to describe what they think they are actually seeing