1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood is SOFT thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H. Christopher, Dec 10, 2021.

1. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

<50% SHOOTING WITH ZERO FT.S IS THE WAY TO VICTORY!
    YAYYY LET'S TRADE FOR ENES KANTER AND START HIM TOO THEN! WE'LL BE UNBEATABLE!

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

So you prefer what?

I know you're an only fan, so this must be Sengun related.

Wood is not the issue with the 2 big lineup, it was Theis.

Take Wood out and play Sengun-Theis and it's still a shet fest.

You'd know that if you were a real Rockets fan.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

When Kanter EVER averages 20/10 on 37% 3P you let me know.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. csc177

csc177 Member

Exactly why he’s not a franchise or cornerstone player. He SHOULD be with his height and skill set but, between the ears, he’ll be a Forever fringe all star.

we’ll have to listen to “ I believe I’m an all star in this league” for the rest of the season. He’s not in the future plans

we’ll get something good for him on trade market.

kdchilds, aaquaa and jcmoon like this.
  6. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i agree, not even a cornerstone player until he's able to iso and postup. I was saying that he's worth 20 million a year max, but now i'd bring that number into the 16-17 million a year range. He's saying that he wants the max, but he hasn't even done anything in the playoffs yet. He's not even a big 3 guy. Big 4 or 5. He needs to be paired with an all-star guard like paul or harden who can set him up on the roll and lobs. If he was able to develop a post game like a young lamarcus aldridge, i'd throw the max at him. you don't throw the max at someone like him at his age just on potential. you pay them based on what they've done, and he's done nothing.

csc177 and aaquaa like this.
  7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

THIS...all of it.

aaquaa likes this.
  8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

He's never compared himself to KD. I think you meant AD. LA Fans say the same thing about AD he's soft, don't play inside enough, shoots too many 3's.

The Rockets need a DRAYMOND GREEN. I love Tate but he's just too small when we play teams like the Bucks.

I've been a proponent on Myles Turner for yrs. A bigger player who can spread the court, block shots and play defense.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i didnt watch a lot of miles... my impression he is also soft
    pls educate

ps imho alpi is our draymond and if they ever stop calling stupid rookie **** on him its over for the league

aaquaa likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

most if not all of these things are basically blamable on coaching... if you cant get your guys to do this basic fundamental stuff you shouldnt even call youself coach let alone have a job

aaquaa likes this.
  11. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Don't give me all that kindergarten level "if you were" rhetological fallacy bulls**t man.
    I edited the book on that and many others.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

So you do admit to being an expert on bullshit?

Good to know.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Hopefully Usman fills that need in the future.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

His shooting has been off the last 2 games but he still got a double double. It's normal to have fall off, since he played well the previous 5 games. It happened to MJ, Hakeem, Magic, LeBron, every great player....it's called being a human.

it's the Rocket's offense to SPREAD the court, so if you notice, they keep Wood up high, out by the 3 point line, it's HARD to draw fouls out there but if you noticed he was driving more trying to draw fouls, the refs just didn't call them....it happens.
    I think Alpi can start too he just needs to work on that 3.

#74 hlmbasketball, Dec 11, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    hakeem94, aaquaa and D-rock like this.
  15. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

I am an expert, that's true.
    So don't try that amateur bs on me anymore. It won't work.
    [​IMG]

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Learn basketball then you can @ me.

We all know your Wood animus is because you're not Rockets first, you are Sengun first.

And this is coming from a Sengun fan.

But I'm always Rockets first.

Getting rid of one of your best players is NOT Rockets first.

17. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I hear you....always Rockets first.

csc177, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  18. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Don't talk for others; don't play to the rafters. You don't know sh*t and they don't care.
    This is infantile logic. How can you not see Wood has never been, nor will he ever be, the solution to anything?
    Of course I'm a Sengun fan - "Joined: Nov 18, 2021" That's no coincidence. But in addition to that, I've been an NBA fan for more than 40 years and I like to think I know a thing or two about basketball... about people too.
    I shared a small list of what I find wrong with Wood basketballwise. Don't even get me started on personality: his expressions, body language, "I think it could have been better if I was more involved in the offense" etc.
    If they give Wood a contract for more than $14-15M/yr, the Rockets will have shot themselves in the foot.
    I will remind you of this conversation.

19. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

How's Myles Turner on guards? I recall him getting picked on by Harden almost every time we played.

I know thats an absurd standard, but if you can't play good defense around the 3 point line, you'll get benched halfway through a playoff series like Clint Capela.

Why would the Pacers trade for Wood anyway? They're rebuilding and Wood's a year older.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wood also stated that Sengun needs more minutes.

Bad body language and expressions when he said that too amirite?

And CONTEXT MATTERS, Wood said he needed to be more involved when he was used as a 4 in the Theis 2 big lineup.

You conveniently forget that he stated this during the 15 game losing streak.

And getting Wood more involved AT CENTER was critical to the Rockets 7 game win streak.

So take your 40 years of NBA fandom and shove it up your ass.

We are Rockets fans first around here, team success is our #1 goal.